Pre-cruie in Ft Lauderdale

bobk57

We fly into ft Lauderdale Dec. 9th and have all day the 10th to play around. Any suggestions on what to do in the Hyatt House Dania Beach vicinty. Also is there a wine shop near by?

Any reason you have chosen this Hyatt and not Hyatt Place? Much better location to restaurants, shops and Total Wine.

http://www.valuetrips.com is a great website to book Hyatt Place.

Any reason you have chosen this Hyatt and not Hyatt Place? Much better location to restaurants, shops and Total Wine.

http://www.valuetrips.com is a great website to book Hyatt Place.

It's a much better, nicer and newer hotel and the room layouts are especially good for a family. Every room has a full size kitchen, studios, 1 BR, 2 BR, 2 BA, two and three TVs per suite, they have a great breakfast with an omelet station and a really nice evening reception with a buffet, beer and wine.

While it's no Total Wine, K-Mart in the Oakwood Plaza Mall has a decent selection of popular wines with a BJ's Wholesale Club next door that can pretty much satisfy all your alcohol needs. Having thousands of bottles of wine looks and sounds good, but the reality is it can be very confusing to the customer.

You folks that only know two or three hotels on 17th Street need to expand your horizons.

We fly into ft Lauderdale Dec. 9th and have all day the 10th to play around. Any suggestions on what to do in the Hyatt House Dania Beach vicinty. Also is there a wine shop near by?

Across Stirling Road in Oakwood Plaza Mall is a K-Mart that can supply all you last minute needs. It has a good selection of popular wines and there's a BJ's Wholesale Club next door that you don't need a membership to buy alcohol.

For fast food there's Mc Donald's, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Chipotle and Quiznos. There's Moonlite Diner, Sweet Tomatoes, Sal's Italian Ristorante, Red Lobster, Dave and Buster's and Hollywood Ale House.

A few blocks to the east on Federal Highway is Jaxson's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor & Restaurant...

http://jaxsonsicecream.com/

To the west across I-95 is Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine, a local chain that is owned by a Cuban Family that came to South Florida via the Mariel Boatlift and fulfilled the American Dream...

http://www.lasvegascubancuisine.com/menu

They have a nice pool deck if you just want to lay out in the Florida Sunshine and do nothing.

And Saturday night, December 10th is the Boat Parade down on the Intracoastal which a big local event everybody from the kids up to the grandparents love.

https://winterfestparade.com/watch-us

There's also the Ft Lauderdale Christmas Pageant...

http://www.christmastickets.com/

Edited by Lido_Deck

It's a much better, nicer and newer hotel and the room layouts are especially good for a family. Every room has a full size kitchen, studios, 1 BR, 2 BR, 2 BA, two and three TVs per suite, they have a great breakfast with an omelet station and a really nice evening reception with a buffet, beer and wine.

While it's no Total Wine, K-Mart in the Oakwood Plaza Mall has a decent selection of popular wines with a BJ's Wholesale Club next door that can pretty much satisfy all your alcohol needs. Having thousands of bottles of wine looks and sounds good, but the reality is it can be very confusing to the customer.

You folks that only know two or three hotels on 17th Street need to expand your horizons.

"Us folks" thank you !

We've stayed at this hotel before! It's really nice. We did make a quick trip to Kmart for some last minute things. We also went to Dave and Busters to kill some time with the kids. We had a car so we did drive to a restaurant on the beach, just can't remember which one!

YOU PEOPLE parrot the same hotels on 17th Street over and over. One size does not fit all. You should get out of your routine and try something new occasionally. :cool:

Us Parrot People" thank you again...just calm down :rolleyes:

You think it's bad now, when I first started posting on these boards back in 2005, the only hotels people knew were the Holiday Inn POM, the Embassy on 17th Street, and whatever the name of the hotel was before it was the Hyatt Place.

Cruisers would only go to Bayside in Miami. It was like pulling teeth explaining that there was a whole other South Florida out there.

They chose the Hyatt HOUSE because the rooms and the service there are PHENOMENAL..

I chose between the two based not only on some recent negative Trip Adviser reviews and the price....Hyatt Place was a lot less expensive using ValueTrips. JMHO as I know reviews can vary but that $$'s made it an easy choice.

I chose between the two based not only on some recent negative Trip Adviser reviews and the price....Hyatt Place was a lot less expensive using ValueTrips. JMHO as I know reviews can vary but that $$'s made it an easy choice.

YOU PEOPLE get what you pay for. If I have a family of four I would much rather have an apartment than a hotel room.

YOU PEOPLE get what you pay for. If I have a family of four I would much rather have an apartment than a hotel room.

"WE PEOPLE" an extended family (group) of 10...are getting what we paid for in the location we prefer and what is working out best for us...not you.

Time to change lanes and move on...nothing more to see here ;)

If you are here in the night of December 10th, drop everything else and attend the Winterfest Boat Parade.

I was so excited to read this we will be staying at bahia mar on December 10th . Would this be near the winterfest boat parade? :)

"WE PEOPLE" an extended family (group) of 10...are getting what we paid for in the location we prefer and what is working out best for us...not you.

Time to change lanes and move on...nothing more to see here ;)

Hey...You're the one that questioned the OP about their choice, not me. :D

I was so excited to read this we will be staying at bahia mar on December 10th . Would this be near the winterfest boat parade? :)

Yes! It will go right by you. Call the hotel and ask them what they are doing for hotel guests for the parade. Whatever they say, get there EARLY.

Hey...You're the one that questioned the OP about their choice, not me. :D

Nothing wrong about asking questions on these boards (after a few more posts you'll realize that and how it's best done) ....Your sarcastic "you folks", "YOU PEOPLE" :eek:,...You could have easily given your helpful information with out it...Don't know you but from your short time as a member on this forum and the few posts you've made...let's hope :D

Edited by Ashland