14 day cruise to AZ/Australia?

S&B

I have been looking at the cruise lines and cannot find a 14 day cruise of NZ and Australia. They all seem to be 12 days. Is there a 14 day cruise? If not then there are two 12 days cruises by Celebrity that I like. One goes to Melbourne and the other goes to Hobart. From those of you who have been to these two ports which would be the best? I kind of wanted to go to Hobart, however, the price is more on that cruise going to Hobart.

Thanks for any help.

Holland America still operates the more extensive 14 day one-way cruises now, although Celebrity gave them up.

If you were to just choose between Melbourne and Hobart, I'd suggest Melbourne for its variety of sights, activities and shopping, due to its much larger size. Hobart's nice enough, but if you hadn't seen either before, I'd go to Melbourne first.

I have been looking at the cruise lines and cannot find a 14 day cruise of NZ and Australia. They all seem to be 12 days. Is there a 14 day cruise? If not then there are two 12 days cruises by Celebrity that I like. One goes to Melbourne and the other goes to Hobart. From those of you who have been to these two ports which would be the best? I kind of wanted to go to Hobart, however, the price is more on that cruise going to Hobart.

Thanks for any help.

As mentioned there are 13/14 day cruises by Princess (Sun/Dawn/Sea) next season out of Brisbane, melbourne and Sydney respecively. The 14 dayer is ex Bne as it is a bit further away. All are return trips involving 2/3 sea days at the start, 7 days visiting NZ ports and 2/3 sea days to finish.

An alternative is the Diamond Princess, that is a 14 day one way cruise ex either Sydney or Auckland.(I prefer ex Sydney as it offers best Sailaway). This cruise visits both Melbourne and Hobart and has 5 sea days and only 2 are consectutive.

Prices seem very good and compare well with the round trips mentioned above. Indeed current pricing is better now than when I sailed on sister ship Sapphire a few years ago. For an overseas visitor the extra cost of a one way air fare to/from Oz to NZ would be negated if Auckland was used as the arrival/departure port. Depend on what other activities you planned.

The Diamond has US currency/amenities on board whereas the SunP and DawnP have been Australianised. It is also has a more modern ship design, with more expansive balconies. The others are still nice but.

Hope this helps

cheers

We are booked on a 16 day cruise next Feb. It departs Sydney (which is an overnight stop) and ends in Auckland. Both Melbourne and Hobart are included, as is Geelong, Australia and several ports in New Zealand.

It's nice to have choices, but sometimes it does get confusing.

Prices seem very good and compare well with the round trips mentioned above. Indeed current pricing is better now than when I sailed on sister ship Sapphire a few years ago. For an overseas visitor the extra cost of a one way air fare to/from Oz to NZ would be negated if Auckland was used as the arrival/departure port. Depend on what other activities you planned.

Hope this helps

cheers

Open Jaw tickets (fly into AKL out of SYD or vice versa) are competitively priced though they tend to favor air NZ and Qantas as V Australia for instance requires a fly back to Syd or Brisbane on Pacific Blue to connect.:eek:

We are booked on a 16 day cruise next Feb. It departs Sydney (which is an overnight stop) and ends in Auckland. Both Melbourne and Hobart are included, as is Geelong, Australia and several ports in New Zealand.

It's nice to have choices, but sometimes it does get confusing.

We are booked on the Oceania Regatta, for 16 nights Feb 21.Sydney To Auckland. Instead of the Geelong port they are docking in Melbourn for 2 days.

We are booked on the Oceania Regatta, for 16 nights Feb 21.Sydney To Auckland. Instead of the Geelong port they are docking in Melbourn for 2 days.

I am guessing that Geelong Port would only be used if Melbourne Pier was already being used. There is bugger all at Geelong..that dont even have a decent football team !

I am somewhat biased as I have to go to Melbourne often on business so to me 2 days in Melbourne is about 1.5 days too much. :mad:

Many like the town...I am not one of them!

I am guessing that Geelong Port would only be used if Melbourne Pier was already being used. There is bugger all at Geelong..that dont even have a decent football team !

I am somewhat biased as I have to go to Melbourne often on business so to me 2 days in Melbourne is about 1.5 days too much. :mad:

I assume you mean there Soccer team lol.Have been watching the Rugby matches on The NBC sport channel very interesting. Still trying to figure it out.We are looking foward to visting all the ports on the ittinarry.

I agree re. Geelong. It is not the most attractive town being based on heavy industry. I assume the reason they are stopping in Geelong is that it is a good base to get the the Great Ocean Road. I would suggest getting out of there quick smart and either hiring a car to drive the Great Ocean Road or doing a tour. And don't listen to his comment re. Melbourne. Melbourne is a lovely city and you will enjoy it.

I assume you mean there Soccer team lol.Have been watching the Rugby matches on The NBC sport channel very interesting. Still trying to figure it out.We are looking foward to visting all the ports on the ittinarry.

No he doesn't mean soccer. He means Australian Rules Football. You should be able to see it over there on cable tv. It is definately not rugby and definately not soccer either. Check it out if you get a chance.

!

Are we dismissing Collingwood or the Cats? It is so easy to get confused.

Archived