Welcome Home

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:19 PM.
Ontario
137 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
Welcome home MSC Divina. Good to see you back safely. Hoping disembarkation was smooth and all those passengers have a safe and hasstle free onward journey to home -wherever that is.
19,081 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by Mattnvick
Welcome home MSC Divina. Good to see you back safely. Hoping disembarkation was smooth and all those passengers have a safe and hasstle free onward journey to home -wherever that is.
Yes indeed.
104 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
We disembarked the Divina on Wednesday but Captain Massa (who was outstanding) is taking the ship in and out of the Miami Port through Saturday and all of the cruisers were given the choice of disembarking any day Wednesday through Saturday morning. It was a great benefit to those struggling with flight arrangements, etc.
Providence, RI
11 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
We disembarked yesterday and everything went smoothly. We were thankful that we were able to stay on until the day of our flight and even more thankful they let us use a phone while we were still at sea to make our flight arrangements. If it wasn't for me running out of vacation time I might have hung around until Saturday!!!
104 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
We felt it very exceptional that people could choose until Saturday to disembark. I don't know if any other cruise line did that or not. We too would have loved to stay on had it not been for an upcoming 'work' trip.
California, USA
2,115 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
I agree, this sounds awesome. There were some people who were able to stay on the ship for 2 whole weeks instead of the 1 they originally planned, and all on MSC's dime, while they made new travel arrangements. No other cruise lines did this (from what I have heard). In my book, MSC is stellar!
4,338 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
It appears in this instance that MSC has been truly remarkable. I wonder how much of this was down to the Captain - the guy is fantastic (unlike quite a few other MSC captains!).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bea
'Would I could set sail upon the water'.

PREVIOUSLY ON:

MSC Magnifica Sept/Oct 2017

MSC Meraviglia June 2017 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Feb 2017
MSC Sinfonia Nov 2016 (b2b)
MSC Sinfonia Oct 2016
MSC Sinfonia Aug 2016
MSC Magnifica April 2016
Celebrity Millennium Jan 2016
MSC Divina Oct 2015 (TA)
MSC Divina Sep 2015 (YC)
MSC Preziosa Mar 2015 (TA)
MSC Fantasia Dec 2014
MSC Preziosa Aug 2014 (YC)
MSC Preziosa May 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2013
MSC Splendida Feb 2012 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Nov 2011
Carnival Sensation Sept 2000
Pennsylvania
193 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
I am impressed with the way MSC handled this situation . Their customer service and the way they treated these cruisers was amazing . Normally when things like this happen all you read about is how terribly folks are treated , but everyone who has shared their experiences from last week's cruise has stated how well things were handled from the communication from the captain , the free WiFi , the different options for disembarking and the level of service provided. Goes to show MSC cares about their guests . A true class act in my book! ! !
Orlando, FL
1,940 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Agree on all points. This will be our first MSC cruise in 2 weeks and based on the most recent reviews we are really looking foward to it!