What my best option FLL to Downtown Miami Hotel

hpman247

I want to stay in the Downtown/Bayside/Port area of Miami.

My flight arrives at 7pm the day before the cruise. It seems that most of the shuttles do not operate this late. What is the best least expensive option to get me to Miami that evening?

At this point I think it might be better to stay in Fort Lauderdale that night so that I can take a free shuttle to a nearby hotel and have SAS pick me up the morning of the cruise. I'd prefer not to do this, but it seems like the better option unless you all have a better idea.

thanks.

Cheapest option. Likely tri rail. Free shuttle from FLL to train station. Tri rail to Miami Metro rail transfer station. $3.75 weekday $5 weekend. Get on metro rail to downtown Miami. $2.75

2nd option maybe uber (but probably more expensive then 3rd option)

3rd option likely the most hassle free and convenient is a car rental from FLL drop off next day at MIA. Usually it's only around $35 for the rental. Check Alamo as they offer a free shuttle from MIA airport right to your cruise. I believe Thrifty does to but no experience with them. We used Alamo a few times and service was excellent.

Edited by jb456

You can also use a car service to travel to Miami. I have priced this for a 6 p.m. departure from FLL and it was around $75 plus gratuity. It's kind of pricey, but I think that's what I'm going to go with.

"Best" option is a stretch limo with a stocked bar!

The truth is, the later in the day you arrive into FLL the fewer your options are to get to downtown Miami and the more expensive your trip is likely to be.

We have used both private car service from Go Airport and Larry's Limos between FLL and Miami in the past - happy with both and the fares (if I remember correctly) were just under $100 including tip.

Arriving at 7:00 means by the time you get off the plane and collect bags and find your ride you will not leave FLL much before 8:00, which will put you checking in at your Miami hotel somewhere between 8:30-9:00 or later.

IMHO a better plan is to stay closer to FLL (someplace with a free shuttle) and make your way to POM the next morning.