MARELLA SPIRIT - SUNDAY 24th JUNE 2018 for 7 nights from Malaga Spain

Mike Morgan

I'm sorry to appear a total numpty but I just can't find anything about roll calls or indeed any links to Marella cruises on this website. Can anyone help please? Although we are first time cruiser I think I'm pretty Internet savvy.....but perhaps not as savvy as I thought I was because I'm not able to find anything on here about Marella and the Spirit (apart from deck plans, ship descriptions and feedback about trips that passengers have taken.

Please can someone point me in the right direction to make contact with fellow passengers who we may be sailing with?

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

This is your third thread on three different boards here, about the same cruise/ship. Are you having trouble relocating your posts?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644464

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644498

As noted before, Thomson/Marella does not have a large presence here. Those who sail Marella are generally from the UK/Europe and probably have never heard of Cruise Critic. We are only so good as the members who contribute. EM

Thank you for taking the time to respond and point me in the right direction to the Roll Calls for Marella cruises. I can now see that I've not been such a numpty after all because there are no cruises show there for Marella Spirit from Malaga 24 June 2018....unless I've missed something. Would appreciate any advice, input and support on this. Cheers, Mike

Thank you for taking the time to respond and point me in the right direction to the Roll Calls for Marella cruises. I can now see that I've not been such a numpty after all because there are no cruises show there for Marella Spirit from Malaga 24 June 2018....unless I've missed something. Would appreciate any advice, input and support on this. Cheers, Mike

If there is none already, then you are free to start one within the Marella Roll Calls sub forum. As it is just over a week to your cruise it is unlikely you will get many responses now.

As stated above, these boards are really slewed towards USA cruisers, perhaps I should say N. American cruisers as there are quite a few Canadians who post also, but not so many Europeans. (including UK)

The roll call is used by few UK/ Irish people; I usually look in for any cruise I'm on, but they don't seem to come to much!

I've written on one of your other posts that we've been on Spirit, but it was some time ago, before her last refit, when I believe kettles were introduced into cabins- she was still under the Thomson name then, but now it will be all Tui, I suppose...

You're looked after very well, from entering your local airport to returning home again- things run like clockwork, so your shuttle bus will be waiting at Malaga, and the ship won't depart until their last aeroplane has arrived.

On the last day, you'll have to leave your cabin by 8am, but there will be a luggage drop for your carry-off things, and you will be free to use the ship until it's time to go on the shuttle back to the airport. Again, because they use their own 'planes, you will be guided to the right desk.

Is there anything you need to know about your cruise? You'll find that cruisers are a very friendly lot, so you'll meet plenty of people to talk to and exchange information with about excursions etc.

:)