Sorry folks must make a few non Troll comments

That's it folks all over .......the Olympics ::(

so now we can all get back to more serious matters like cruising ::rolleyes:

The whole thing went without a hitch, as it said in the Mail we began on a high and went out on a high

must admit did not watch all sports as working etc.

the closing ceremony was a mixture of everything ( just like the opening one )

(loved Timothy Spail doing Winston, Eric Idle, ...Spice girls even ;)) etc etc

think it all went very very well

my 87 year old Mum watched the lot and said who are these Who ? :D (end act)

So much to see and take in, would have been great to be in the Stadium

if you sum it all up,just think all our nations working together ,

did we ever see any violence or trouble with 80,000 spectators in the main stadium ?

(apart from one guy who threw a plastic bottle on the track and he was whisked away soon)

wonder if the same will happen now the football season is due to start:mad:

the Olympics 2012 has restored my normal cynical view of GB as now more positive than negative

oh ,,,,and yes when they showed John Lennon singing Imagine the tears wear rolling dowm my face (i was eating some some cheese with wine at the time )

anyone really listen to the words ?

sorry to blather on but these are my thoughts ,

any comments welcome from all the good people on this forum

any complaints suggest you look in the mirror and say well what did I do today

(trolls will be deleted)

hpoe my Thread has not detracted anyone too much from planning or going a cruise ............now where is that brochure

Stevie :cool:

I think what made it enjoyable as you stated Stevie.... "if you sum it all up,just think all our nations working together ,

did we ever see any violence or trouble with 80,000 spectators in the main stadium ?

"

Not Scotland Vs Wales Vs England Vs Ireland, we were as one team GB, as it should be, one goal all pulling in the same direction,

Britain at it's best.:) A bit like us lot on our ships ,one goal everyone having a really good time onboard the ships .

Never mind Rio will soon be here and we can do it all again . Do you think Thomsons will do cruises to ... mmmm ? :D

Now wheres them cruise brochures Stevie ? ;):D

How I agree with you Stevie,

I was very sceptical about us hosting the Olympics (financial and infra-structure issues, egg-on-our-face Ceremonies etc) but have found it a heart-warming and an up-lifting experience.

Genuine hard work, commitment, dedication, sacrifices and super-human efforts given by winners and losers! No tantrums, hysterics (except of joy!), sulking or prima donna antics apparent and providing real role models for our young people - not the vacuous, plastic celebs who seem to dominate the media and our children's aspirations! What a joy and privilege to witness - humbling and emotional.

From quirky, amazingly creative and inspired Ceremonies to the fantastic achievements or our athletes, the volunteers and the fabulous crowds cheering every event. What a marvellous spectacle and demonstration of what being British involves. I like many others began to wonder whether we had lost our national identity but these games have won almost universal praise from across the world (well perhaps excepting from France!) having shown GB to be warm, open, welcoming, generous and with a great sense of humour. The silent majority (GB Public) have shown the Best of British characteristics. I feel proud!!!

(Now to maintain the feel-good factor will follow your advice Steve and dig out the brochures! ;))

P.S. And Kalos you are right - as I was writing this I was just thinking how the description of the GBP does reflect the atmosphere on board - is that why we all relate so much to the Thomson product?

I agree withyour Steve as well, it was lovely team GB :D

I loved the opening and closing events great stuff, although must be honest am glad that everything is getting back to normal now, as a 20 mins wait for a drink at lunch time was getting to be a bit of a joke :eek: Yeap I do work in London, and have to say that my trains were very quiet during the two weeks or so, now they are busy again, but colleagues who travelled into London Bridge had a bit a nightmareish time.

I concur

Thought the Olympics was fantastic as was the coverage by BBC who havent always covered themselves in glory.Won`t be popular but don`t feel or see myself as British but must admit to cheering on all GB competitors.Look forward to the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow 2014 now and cheering on Team Scotland :D

I concur

Thought the Olympics was fantastic as was the coverage by BBC who havent always covered themselves in glory.Won`t be popular but don`t feel or see myself as British but must admit to cheering on all GB competitors.Look forward to the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow 2014 now and cheering on Team Scotland :D

"Au contraire", Jim, to quote Del Boy. I have never had a problem describing myself as British and Scottish. The Olympics really did show Britain once again at its best, united, together. Like kruzseeka, I wondered if we had the capacity to pull it all off and am so proud of how we did it. Nor will I have a problem cheering on the Scottish athletes at the Commonwealth games, as per the set up of the competition.

Each to there own Nell but never seen myself as British and never understood this best of British,national identity and other analogies.

Absoluely, Jim. If you put 10 different people in a room you will get 10 different opinions. We enjoy this which is why we use this forum.

When I really examine my views, nationality doesn't come into it but personality or type of people do.

I have zero tolerance of neds, arrogance, intolerance, stingyness and boorishness.

Nationality doesn't really come into it. While I found some of the words of Imagine a touch ironic, in the context of competitive sports, they still made me cry.

I concur

Well said I will be doing the same for team Wales:cool:

I fell asleep during the closing ceremony 'watched on catch up' the first 1hour 30mins was sooo boring:(sorry just made me think why I hated working for 10 years in London , all that hustle and bustle. I used to make a point at looking at people faces whilst waiting for my train, you know, very rarely saw a happy smiley face!

I work in the public sector and I am sure these games have had a huge detrimental effect financially, thus we are facing very uncertain times! hate to mention politics on this forum but remember Lord Coe was a member of the Con party and Cameron of the ConDems has been jumping on the band wagon, as far as the games go, it appears Team GB did rather well outside the main stadium, track and field was a very poor showing with all their funding as were the swimmers, but huge hurray for cyclists, rowers and contact sports Well Done. Ok so I now going to get loads of flack !!!

however it's the truth and people need to be realistic, lets just stick to cruising, as stevie originally said I did enjoy the games ( just had this nagging worry re the real costs) :)

All in all 2012 is going to take a little beating re: Britishness, Jim sorry, you must be sick of seeing the Union flag

however, lets just stick to cruising,

All in all 2012 is going to take a little beating re: Britishness, Jim sorry, you must be sick of seeing the Union flag

Got my Union flag tee-shirt and hair ribbon ready to wear on Majesty for the Para Olympics :):D:p

I fell asleep during the closing ceremony 'watched on catch up' the first 1hour 30mins was sooo boring:(sorry just made me think why I hated working for 10 years in London , all that hustle and bustle. I used to make a point at looking at people faces whilst waiting for my train, you know, very rarely saw a happy smiley face!

I work in the public sector and I am sure these games have had a huge detrimental effect financially, thus we are facing very uncertain times! hate to mention politics on this forum but remember Lord Coe was a member of the Con party and Cameron of the ConDems has been jumping on the band wagon, as far as the games go, it appears Team GB did rather well outside the main stadium, track and field was a very poor showing with all their funding as were the swimmers, but huge hurray for cyclists, rowers and contact sports Well Done. Ok so I now going to get loads of flack !!!

however it's the truth and people need to be realistic, lets just stick to cruising, as stevie originally said I did enjoy the games ( just had this nagging worry re the real costs) :)

I doubt if there will be much political effect of the games on the way people vote.

Cost is certainly a concern and the economy in a wider sense is likely to be a much more important consideration.

It will be interesting to note in the coming days and weeks the economic effects of the games.

:D A dont know,never watched the jubilee(talking of cost/finance) so only saw the Butchers apron at the Olympics ;)

Well said I will be doing the same for team Wales

Good on you

Come on ladies and gents at this rate we may get Threadlocked :rolleyes:

Ponciau has taken us there before :eek:

we are not a Facebook /Twitter site (most of us are over 21 :D) ?

(hang on I am the OP:confused:)

Stevie :)

Anyway on the Dream on the second time the......................................tbc

Come on ladies and gents at this rate we may get Threadlocked :rolleyes:

Ponciau has taken us there before :eek:

we are not a Facebook /Twitter site (most of us are over 21 :D) ?

(hang on I am the OP:confused:)

Stevie :)

Anyway on the Dream on the second time the......................................tbc

I don't think you like me! Do you:cool:

Archived