Looking for lunch options in Stockholm

sjde

We'll be in Gamla Stan one day for a cruise stop this summer. Between TA, Yelp and Rick Steves, I've come up with these for Scandinavian/Swedish food. Any comments?

Tradition

Hairy Pig Deli

Kryp In

Ardbeg Embassy

Aifur Krog

Slinger Bulten

Cafe Stieman

Be prepared to spend $$$. Our table mates told us they spent over $60 for two plates of herring and 2 beers at a restaurant in Gamla Stan.

We ate a huge breakfast and skipped lunch in Stockholm—glad we did!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I booked a restaurant during Midsummer Eve Holiday. I received an email today that they

will be closed that day. I was wondering if the majority of restaurants will be closed during this time.

ML

That it is a good question that I don't know the answer for. You could always send an email to Visit Stockholm

and ask if they know. https://www.visitstockholm.com/

Hi,

I booked a restaurant during Midsummer Eve Holiday. I received an email today that they will be closed that day. I was wondering if the majority of restaurants will be closed during this time.

ML

Hi, we visited a couple of years ago on Midsummer's Eve/Day (whichever is their major celebration) and pretty much all the shops were shut. Most cafes etc were, however, open.

Hope this helps. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you think the same is true in Copenhagen?

In Copenhagen we wandered along from the city centre to Nyhavn and enjoyed a very reasonable and absolutely delicious lunch with beer along the canal front.

There were lots of restaurants and bars. I'm afraid I can't remember the name of the place, but if you would really like to know I can probably find out by going back to my photographs....

Let me know. [emoji4]

In Copenhagen we wandered along from the city centre to Nyhavn and enjoyed a very reasonable and absolutely delicious lunch with beer along the canal front.

There were lots of restaurants and bars. I'm afraid I can't remember the name of the place, but if you would really like to know I can probably find out by going back to my photographs....

Let me know. [emoji4]

Hi, I would love to know the name of the place if you can find out! I’m cruising out of Copenhagen this summer and hoping to enjoy a nice lunch in the Nyhavn area like you mentioned!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, I would love to know the name of the place if you can find out! I’m cruising out of Copenhagen this summer and hoping to enjoy a nice lunch in the Nyhavn area like you mentioned!

Morning.

Ok, I’ve had a look at my photos and it was a place called The Standard. There were a few restaurants in the building and the one we ate in was the very relaxed one on the right of the building as you look at it with your back to the canal. Ground floor.

We only had a small meal and a couple of beers and I think it was about the equivalent of £25 in total.

It was not actually in Nyhavn but the equally pretty approach along the canal.

Morning.

Ok, I’ve had a look at my photos and it was a place called The Standard. There were a few restaurants in the building and the one we ate in was the very relaxed one on the right of the building as you look at it with your back to the canal. Ground floor.

We only had a small meal and a couple of beers and I think it was about the equivalent of £25 in total.

It was not actually in Nyhavn but the equally pretty approach along the canal.

Hi there! Thank you for looking at your photos. I tried google searching The Standard but I can’t seem to find anything on google or Trip Advisor? Do you have any other info or name the Restaurant might be under so I can find it?

Hi there! Thank you for looking at your photos. I tried google searching The Standard but I can’t seem to find anything on google or Trip Advisor? Do you have any other info or name the Restaurant might be under so I can find it?

Hi again, that is strange. I've just googled The Standard, Copenhagen and it's the top listing....the restaurant we went to was Studio. [emoji846]

Hi again, that is strange. I've just googled The Standard, Copenhagen and it's the top listing....the restaurant we went to was Studio. [emoji846]

Silly me, thank you! I was half asleep trying to look this up the other night and was searching for The Standard in Stockholm (remembering that was the thread discussion) and that’s why I didn’t find anything since I meant Copenhagen! Thanks again!