Buenos Aires tour to Iguazu Falls

Kybabe

We are wanting to visit Iguazu Falls before our cruise in Jan out of BA. Has anyone used Buenos Aires tours. http://www.buenosaires-tours.com/Iguazu.htm ? Looking at a 5day/4night tour with them which includes 2 nights in Iguazu and 2 nights in BA with tours in both, plus all the transportation and transfers. Many have said that this is very easy to do on your own but we like that idea of someone else taking care of everything for us. Thoughts please!

Once you find your guide and know the costs....then compare a diy tour combined with a stay at the Sheraton hotel. The hotel, located within the park, is easy walking distance from all the trails on the Argentinian side. Give the rain and humidity, it really convenient to have a place so close for both shelter from the afternoon showers, and a place to shower and change out of your sweaty clothes. The hotel is costly, but so convenient.

We are wanting to visit Iguazu Falls before our cruise in Jan out of BA. Has anyone used Buenos Aires tours. http://www.buenosaires-tours.com/Iguazu.htm ? Looking at a 5day/4night tour with them which includes 2 nights in Iguazu and 2 nights in BA with tours in both, plus all the transportation and transfers. Many have said that this is very easy to do on your own but we like that idea of someone else taking care of everything for us. Thoughts please!

We did Iguazu and BA using a guide and I can't imagine doing it on our own....not a lot of English spoken in the jungle area of Iguazu....plus it is very helpful having a guide when crossing the border into Brazil to see the Falls from the opposite shore...please do not even consider going to Iguazu without going to the. Brazilian side as you would sincerely regret it forever and a day in my opinion.....we have been to BA twice and used a guide on a very long and hot day....the second time we did it on our own.....using taxi and walking

The tour guide was very helpful in getting us across the border in a reasonable amount of time.....

A tip about the Sheraton...wonderful hotel and view and as the previous person mentioned very close to the three walking trails on the Argentinian side....take lots of water with you when on these trails....and also the Sheraton kicks you out of your room extremely early....so if your flight is in the early evening....a bummer trying to store your luggage for the entire day and into the evening...good time for a mini tour.....Ken

We did Iguazu and BA using a guide and I can't imagine doing it on our own....not a lot of English spoken in the jungle area of Iguazu....plus it is very helpful having a guide when crossing the border into Brazil to see the Falls from the opposite shore...please do not even consider going to Iguazu without going to the. Brazilian side as you would sincerely regret it forever and a day in my opinion.....we have been to BA twice and used a guide on a very long and hot day....the second time we did it on our own.....using taxi and walking

Just a reminder that US citizens (and OP is probably one since his/her address is Kentucky) need a $160 per person Brazilian visa even if only entering Brazil for a day trip. I am not trying to dissuade anyone because I agree that the views from the Brazilian side are jaw droppingly beautiful (and in my opinion better than the spectacular ones from the Argentine side).

Just a reminder that US citizens (and OP is probably one since his/her address is Kentucky) need a $160 per person Brazilian visa even if only entering Brazil for a day trip. I am not trying to dissuade anyone because I agree that the views from the Brazilian side are jaw droppingly beautiful (and in my opinion better than the spectacular ones from the Argentine side).

Excellent point.....I missed the fact that the Cruise begins in BA and Brazilian ports will not be involved at this point...nice catch....Ken

Please consider this:

The sights are within the park, on the Argentine side, and also the Brazilian side. The Argentine side has 3 main trails and the Brazilian side has one. There is really little or no important information that a guide walking at your side while you take photos could add that justifies the cost. And taxis are easily found to get from place to place, so there is little real convenience factor to having a guide.

The bird park near the Brazilian side entrance is another activity I'd recommend, easy just to do the very short walk over, or take the local public bus the very short distance if the heat/humidity is too much.

Your hotel can help arrange a boat trip under the Devil's Throat falls.

Any taxi driver can get you across the border to the other park with ease; you can stay in the car and he can do the paperwork inside. He can wait and take you back across, or you can easily get another taxi back.

We did the Iguazu Falls trip on our own in late January. We looked at the tours, ship and otherwise, and decided to do it on our own.

AIrfare was a snap to arrange. We actually called the Aerolineas BA call center, they speak English, to book fares at a reduced price from what we saw on line. We got the reduced fare data from their Argentine site.

We considered the Sheraton but decided against it. We did not feel the need to be in the park or to pay four or five times what we payed in town.

Our hotel in town was perfect for us. It was a two blocks from the bus station where we took the bus directly to the park. A 15 minute ride. We were especially happy that we stayed in town because we had access to several good restaurants. At the end of the day we were happy that we stayed in town.

We found that there was absolutely no need for a guide. The paths, including the walking bridges,are well constructed and well maintained. You need comfortable, sturdy shoes. Be prepared to walk for several kms during your visit- I think about 7.

We had no rain during our visit. A few clouds was the extent of it. We only did the Argentina side since were were not spending any time in Brazil on this trip. Perhaps next time.

We hummed and hawed about this side trip but in the end decided to do it. It was one of the highlights of our two month trip.

Thank all for your input. Really looking forward to this tour. We decided to go ahead and book with the tour company as they will make all the arrangements for lodging and travel which will also include a two night stay in BA with tours there before boarding the ship. The plan is the full day the ship is in BA we will then be able to plan something on our own (rather than thru the ship) since we have already toured the area.

A very easy outing on your own is Tigra.

You can go there on the local commuter train-about 15-20 minutes. Walk around, and then take one of the many boat trips through the area. We took a catamaran at the far end, just past the market area. There were boats in the canal as we entered the area. We decided to go with the operator who had good reviews in tripadvisor. It was a nice day.

We found that one of the great things about BA was their subway system. Fast, reliable, safe.

Thank all for your input. Really looking forward to this tour. We decided to go ahead and book with the tour company as they will make all the arrangements for lodging and travel which will also include a two night stay in BA with tours there before boarding the ship. The plan is the full day the ship is in BA we will then be able to plan something on our own (rather than thru the ship) since we have already toured the area.

When are you going? Or, did you already use them? I was wondering how they are. We will be there in March 2018 and I sent an email to them as we would like to do the same thing. I haven't found any reviews on this company. The price seem right and they take care of everything.

When are you going? Or, did you already use them? I was wondering how they are. We will be there in March 2018 and I sent an email to them as we would like to do the same thing. I haven't found any reviews on this company. The price seem right and they take care of everything.

We have not been yet. Going on the Emerald Princess, Jan 2018. We did go ahead and book them. I had gotten their name from lady I met on another cruise who had used them and really liked them. I found where they were mentioned favorably on a couple of travel blogs. I just really liked the idea that someone else would plan it all out for us. We will be flying to BA and doing the Iguazo Falls tour first, then 2 days in BA before the cruise and they are arranging all of that for use. Don't like the fact that we have to pay in full before the tour but that is what trip insurance is for! Good luck to us both!!!!!

We have not been yet. Going on the Emerald Princess, Jan 2018. We did go ahead and book them. I had gotten their name from lady I met on another cruise who had used them and really liked them. I found where they were mentioned favorably on a couple of travel blogs. I just really liked the idea that someone else would plan it all out for us. We will be flying to BA and doing the Iguazo Falls tour first, then 2 days in BA before the cruise and they are arranging all of that for use. Don't like the fact that we have to pay in full before the tour but that is what trip insurance is for! Good luck to us both!!!!!

We did much the same two years ago. But with a different company, Say Hueque. I booked the cruise only 5 weeks before embarkation, didn't have enough time over Christmas etc. to do much DIY planning. The tour company a) met us at the airport, took us to the hotel we had decided on. b) Picked us up the next day for a half-day driving tour of BA. c) Picked us up that evening for a Tango outing. d) Picked us up the next morning to get to the ship. e) Picked us up at the ship two weeks later, swung by the hotel to leave excess baggage, then on to the airport. f) Another pickup and hotel transport in Puerto Iguazu. g) A full day tour on the Argentine side, a day on our own, h) a half-day tour on the Brazilian side, i) then to the airport and back to BA. j) Picked us up the next evening for the ride to the airport. Good service start to finish, every single time they were on time as promised, well worth it to be able to relax and not do the DIY routine for a change.

We will be back in BA at the end of a transatlantic in December 2018, looking forward to more time in that grand city.

Enjoy!

Stan

They have been good to work with. Another person on my roll call is working with Kensington tours for a pre trip to the falls. BA is a little less for a comparison trip. I still need to talk to our friends. It would be nice to book it with others on our roll call though. I haven't seen cruise critic members who had experience with either company

• 4 weeks later...

We used Diego and had wonderful guides. If Patricia is still with him I would request her. Diego is very good at helping plan your days and arranging the things that are important to you to see. If you ask he will give outline

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used Diego and had wonderful guides. If Patricia is still with him I would request her. Diego is very good at helping plan your days and arranging the things that are important to you to see. If you ask he will give outline

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, msmardell. We have booked the tour with Diego and it is good to hear positive comments about him and his company, My DH is making the arrangements and I will tell him about Patricia. Very much looking forward to this tour and cruise.

We went ahead and booked with Diego. I spoke to him on the phone twice and sent several emails. He is great to work with and I am looking at booking tours in Uruguay with him.

Suggestions:

Iguazu. Is great location in the middle of the Park. Be careful with monkeys!

Can you be there alone? Well , there is no many english guides and I got a wonderful one.

We did tours with local guides in Buenos Aires and Iguassu.

We love to look for quality more than prices so we checked all information , we did a great search:

We did a small group tour VIP with a LICENCES guides ( be careful with who is your guide!!!!)

Liz Andrea : Top 10 guides in Buenos Aires

Guido Cesar: Top 10 guides in Iguassu

liz andrea is http://www.lizflor2.blogspot.com (top in Trip Advisor!!!! hall of fame!!!)

liz2arg@yahoo.com

She works with his partnership and a exclusive team.

• 1 month later...
Oops.. just read my last post. I wanted to say that he has been very responsive to my emails. He has been great to work with and cannot wait to tour with them

We have been in contact with Diego for an Iguazu falls tour. My only concern is that they want full payment now. We aren't going until Feb. 2018. Also, the cost non-refundable. Dates can be changed but not sure that would work for us.

Anyone who has uses Discover Uruguay or Buenos Aires tours, have you had to make full payment far out from the tour time? Is it common for them to request this? We usually use private tours over the ship's tours and have made deposits but never the entire payment with no refund.

highlander cruiser, we too were concerned about the total cost being paid now but had a very good recommendation about this company. We just made sure that our trip insurance covered this part of our trip. our cruise is in January.

We are going with Diego in March and are making 3 payments. Final is due in November. Yes, we are pre-paying but I got an extra travel insurance plan just for the pre-trip to the falls since my other insurance was with the cruise lines. Diego has been amazing to work with and I feel confident that he will be fine. It will just be a matter if I had to cancel for some reason.

Thank you, Donna and llund. Really appreciate your responses. We actually thought that we would put this on our tour cost on our travel insurance. I feel better knowing that it is a common practice for this company to ask for pre-payment. I, too, had good recommendations about Diego. I like the idea of 3 payments. I know we could do the falls on our own, but this tour sounded like we could maximize our time better.

I will definitely keep up my conversations with Diego.