Carnival price protection Lamanai excursion

bohemian101

Hello,

We booked the Lamanai excursion through Carnival (Believe it was about 115/pp) then saw it through Lamanai Belize Tours for 70.00/pp. I probably would be nervous to go on an excursion that was not through the ship of this length and distance, but I emailed Carnival anyway with the info to get the price match they offer. However they said that although both tours provide lunch, Carnival provides lunch at the Ayinha Eco Park. They also said that the Carnival tour cuts down the travel time by an hour each way to 2 hours. I'm not quite sure I understand this....

But anyway, my question is has anyone ever got Carnival to honor their price protection on a Lamanai tour? If not through Lamanai Belize Tours, possible another company? For almost a 40/pp difference in cost, I really don't care where I eat my lunch. lol

This is not an answer to your question. But in Belize there are no private roads that Carnival can take (or anyone for that matter) that can cut the time getting to Lamanai. The only way to cut the time down is by speeding. This is a joke their response to you. Most tours serve the lunches at Lamanai in the picnic area. This give you a chance to explore other areas. Taking you to a restaurant at Ayinha does not seem a positive to me. Stewed chicken, rice and beans, is stewed chicken rice and beans. There may be more bathrooms at Ayinha. I think that it is just another cruise trick.

Janice

Does anyone know if there IS an excursion that matches the Carnival one? I'm curious if anyone has gotten the price match on a Lamanai excursion. Thanks for the responses.

HIGHLY unlikely.........Carnival structure their excursions so that nobody CAN take advantage of their price protection on these trips. I would suggest that if the price is an issue you look in to doing Lamanai with a third party because Carnival aren't going to budge on that price. It's mainly because of the speed boat trip up the river. Shame it costs too much because we are on the fence about doing it for that very reason.

Carnival does honor price matching....we have done it twice, at other ports. You need to have already booked with Carnival, then submit the information online. We got our response back within 24 hours, and a credit onboard.

Also....they used to have to be exact match, but they don't anymore, as long as it is basically the same excursion. I know, one of mine was slightly different and we still got the credit refund to our onboard account.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if there IS an excursion that matches the Carnival one? I'm curious if anyone has gotten the price match on a Lamanai excursion. Thanks for the responses.

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/excursion/lamanai-belize-excursion-mayan-ruins

"Hello John,

Thank you for submitting a Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee claim.

We are excited to inform you that your claim was accepted and your account will have an onboard credit of $45.09 per person. You may print out this email for your records and proof of this onboard credit which will only show once aboard the ship.

Doesn't it feel great to book your excursions knowing you got the best price?"

Worked for me. Booked online w/ Carnival and then filed about a month later.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, my husband and I did the Lamanai Belize Tour before Carnival offered it a few years ago. It was an excellent tour, start to finish. Some in our group were later arriving than we were, but we made it back in plenty of time. Tour guide was great and a wealth of information, lunch was prepared by his wife and it was tasty. We were offered cokes in a glass bottle. When it started to rain, he had rainsuits available for everyone - very nice jacket and pants in multiple sizes. We saw monkeys overhead and climbed the temples. And after he dropped us off, we had time to do some brief souvenir shopping as we walked back toward the ship.

I would not hesitate to book with them again if you can't get the price match. If you can get the price match, then I'd go with the guarantee wait for your arrival... just in case.

Just got my approval, my response was word for word the same as John received! John, thank you for the input and the link to the competitors site. We usually do book with independent guides. Considering the distance and time needed for this tour we will stick with a Carnival excursion!

Can't wait for this tour!

Teri

Husband and I just booked the Carnival excursion and then submitted the form! Hoping it works for us as well. Thanks so much for the info!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Got the email saying they approved it! So thankful I came across this post!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Is there a penalty for cancelling a Carnival shore excursion?
Orders can be added or cancelled online, without cancellation charges, up until the Pre-Sail cut-off time,11:30pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The entire cruise experience is designed to Pander to people's fear of the world

• 2 weeks later...