Beaches in the afternoon

kittyluvrnurse

If you come to the beach in the afternoon, are they less crowded? Our ship is there basically all day, and I'm pondering avoiding the crowds and getting a good chair with umbrella or palapa by coming out later. Does this strategy work?

Thanks

You may have a chance of this working after 4:00, as some resort guests go inside to shower and change for dinner. However, if you try this at a resort, all of the chairs belong the resort, and the chair police will run you off. You would have better luck just going to one of the vendors along the beaches and renting an umbrella and chairs. Some of the other cruisers might be gone by afternoon, since some ships leave early, or they might want to clean up before dinner. If you are looking for a good, uncrowded day spot, I suggest taking a taxi to Surfside Beach. Tell the driver to let you off near Splash Park Aruba. There is a vendor there with chairs and umbrellas, and a restaurant. This is new so not many people have discovered this yet. The only drawback to some is that it is near the airport, so planes are coming and going. I like watching them land, so I enjoy it.

we did.

We didnt know better and no one told us

We used ABC jeep tour in the morning-- lunch and clean up back at the ship and made our way back to the Hilton.

THere were chairs and a palapa available so we plopped down and stayed til sun set

not one person told us we couldnt stay there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Most folks who aren't used to such strong sun will last about 2 hours, then they've had enough!

Timeshare owners and most resort guests are out there before dawn to at least 4 or 5 pm everyday. The trick is to have a palapa or a large umbrella.

• 3 weeks later...