Inside Cabin 1100 on Solstice class ships...

Cruising Forever!

Thinking of booking inside cabin 1100 on Celebrity Equinox. I've been reading that this inside cabin has no sofa, but that people love this inside cabin for other reasons... although it's still not clear why giving up a sofa in a cabin is a great idea. I was wondering if anyone has a picture of this inside cabin arrangement? Apparently it doesn't match the inside cabin pictures posted on Celebrity's page. I've looked all over for a picture of this cabin with no success.

Note: pictures of 1096 and 1092 would do as well as these cabins are in the same location and same class.

Thank you for your input!

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by Cruisin' Forever!

Good morning:)....have you tried the search feature? Type in the cabin

number.....see what comes up.

Or you could see if someone sailing on Equinox sometime in the near

future might be kind of enough to find out for you and check back

in here.

I've sailed in that cabin, it doesn't have a sofa it has an armchair. It's much wider than a balcony or outside cabin but not quite as long.

The unit with the drawers and TV is at the bottom of the bed with still lots of room to pass, so if you've been in a solstice class balcony cabin you'll know that means its a lot wider as normally that unit is in front of the sofa. It also has a wide entrance way as you go in and feels very spacious.

I'm at work today but I'll try and find a pic of it for you later, it's a great cabin :)

I've sailed in that cabin, it doesn't have a sofa it has an armchair. It's much wider than a balcony or outside cabin but not quite as long.

The unit with the drawers and TV is at the bottom of the bed with still lots of room to pass, so if you've been in a solstice class balcony cabin you'll know that means its a lot wider as normally that unit is in front of the sofa. It also has a wide entrance way as you go in and feels very spacious.

I'm at work today but I'll try and find a pic of it for you later, it's a great cabin :)

Excellent- thank you so much! People keep raving about these particular inside cabin versions. I guess it's the location as well?

Excellent- thank you so much! People keep raving about these particular inside cabin versions. I guess it's the location as well?

It's near the mid ship elevators, only another cabin on one side and the other cabins nearby are Concergie and suites so we had a very very good cabin attendant :)

We usually insist on a balcony (we did an Aqua Class on Silhouette, and I said I'd never sail on Celebrity without being in an Aqua Class again... oh well), but we got hit with some financial woes this year, so we decided, "Hey, how much do we actually use our balcony anyway?" So, we decided rather than not cruise at all next year (we are taking this year off to regroup our finances) that we would do an inside cabin. I found this cabin just by looking around the deck maps and asked my TA if it was available. It was and we booked it. But a day later she alerted me that it had no sofa.

So, my wife's first reaction was, "no way"... but it kept nagging at me that people really love this inside cabin for the greater space (because it's more squared than shoebox) and location (as you've pointed out). So that's why I wanted to see some pictures.

Last night we were talking about it and I said, "you know, we almost never sit on the cabin sofas". For one thing, they generally aren't real comfy and for another, it becomes our drop off point for souvenirs and dirty clothes and pool towels. Usually by the end of a cruise we have to dig it out. Yes, we are cruise slobs! :D (I guess the junk will pile up in a heap somewhere... or force us to be better at keeping our cabin clean!)

Thank you again for your great input, and I can't wait to see the pictures!

Paul

Good morning:)....have you tried the search feature? Type in the cabin

number.....see what comes up.

Or you could see if someone sailing on Equinox sometime in the near

future might be kind of enough to find out for you and check back

in here.

Thank you for the suggestion; I've tried doing this but I keep getting the stock picture of a typical inside cabin with sofa.

Cheers,

Paul

Here's a video of an inside stateroom on youtube on the Celebrity Eclipse. Since both the Eclipse and Equinox are S class ships, they should be similar.

I believe that S class ships have several kinds of inside staterooms, which come with and without a sofa. The guarantee inside staterooms (category 12) have no sofa where as the category 9 inside staterooms come with a sofa.

You might want to see what category (usually a number for inside staterooms) you have mentioned near your reservation.

Attaching an image of an inside stateroom with a sofa. Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Nick

Inside_Stateroom_567x256.jpg.99e7d51aaa546b376f1f3ceecbeec74a.jpg

Here's a video of an inside stateroom on youtube on the Celebrity Eclipse. Since both the Eclipse and Equinox are S class ships, they should be similar.

I believe that S class ships have several kinds of inside staterooms, which come with and without a sofa. The guarantee inside staterooms (category 12) have no sofa where as the category 9 inside staterooms come with a sofa.

You might want to see what category (usually a number for inside staterooms) you have mentioned near your reservation.

Cheers!

Nick

Nick sorry but your information about which cabins have and don't have sofas isn't totally accurate. Cabin 1100 the OP asked about is a cat 9 cabin and does NOT have a sofa, it's almost the same as the cabin in the video (I think 1100 is a little wider) but NOT the same as the cabin with the sofa pictured.

Also gty inside staterooms aren't just cat 12 as they are a gty inside they can be anything from any inside cabin cat, 9,10,11 or 12

I'm sure the video will be useful though as I've not had time to find the images of 1100 yet! :)

Edited by DebbieMacG

Cheers!

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the video; it's funny, but going by the deck plan, I would've thought cabin 9140 would be more like the shoebox style cabin. So I don't think this is exactly like the 1100. But thank you for the heads up! :)

Cheers,

Paul

• 3 years later...