Are there long lines on the QE2.

JBS23

I’ve only cruised on Silversea where the number of passengers was just 290. I am thinking of booking the QE2 because the itinerary and schedule is to my liking, and would make sure I was in the Princess Suite. My question relates to whether on such a large ship, do passengers often need to wait in long lines in order to disembark at ports, be seated at meals, or even visit the theater? I’m not patient when it comes to this sort of thing, and sometime have difficulty standing for long periods of time. Thanks for any insights.

I’m sure you will love it I can only go on my experiences, obviously a lot more passengers than what your used to but no need to worry Princess Grill is lovely on these ships,I’ve done the whole spectrum from Britannia to Queens and have been equally impressed by all,I’ve never felt overcrowded or rushed on any Cunard ship...enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've never experienced queuing for any of those things on a Cunard ship.

I suppose if you want to be off at a port as soon as the ship is cleared there might be a queue but certainly not for the theatre or dinner. In Princess Grill you have your own assigned table so once you have been shown to it on the first day you just walk straight to it when you are ready.

There also can be fairly long queues to the Queens Room for the Britannia Officers' Party and occasional Afternoon Teas, However, in Princess Grill, you won't be attending the former and will likely having tea in the Grills Lounge.

Otherwise, yes - some lines immediately when disembarcation begins at ports, and other times, like immediately before a show or event in Illuminations when doors are closed beforehand. But they dissipate quickly once the doors DO open (and very seldom late). Other times, it's more a matter of the passengers arranging themselves considerately as they arrive - rather than a stalled line where people stand, wait, and stew.

Finally, to avoid later embarrassment, the current Cunard flagship is the Queen Mary 2, or QM2. Her predecessor, the Queen Elizabeth 2 (QE2), has recently been opened as a floating hotel in Dubai. Cunard also operates the current Queen Elizabeth (no 2). Finally, the "2" is always the arabic numeral (to indicate the ship) and not the Roman numeral, II (indicating the monarch)... and there's an apocryphal story about that.

- Mark

Oh, there can frequently be a line for the planetarium show on QM2, because they run one program after another when the planetarium is in operation (the facility doubles as the lecture theater) and people believe in the value of getting "the right" seat under the planetarium dome.

But nothing like the queues I saw for an anytime dinner table on my last HAL cruise.