Wicklow/Glendalough

ceetee

Day trip from Dublin to Wicklow and Glendalough.

Comparing bus tour vs Railtours which is train, bus, train.

Same locations but price difference.

Would like to hear feedback from anyone who has taken either one.

We took the train/bus/train tour from Dublin to Glendalough and Avoca (where we visited the mill store and had a wee bit to eat in a pub/restaurant before heading back to Dublin). I am not one who usually enjoys organized tours but this one was great. Glendalough was magical and mystical and we got a beautiful wool throw at the Avoca mill. We had a tour guide in addition to the bus driver. The guide was excellent and it was an experience in itself seeing how the bus driver navigated the narrow, winding Irish lanes. As I recall, we did the train/bus combination tour to maximize time and go to Avoca as well as Glendalough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kccrzr

We took the train/bus/train tour from Dublin to Glendalough and Avoca (where we visited the mill store and had a wee bit to eat in a pub/restaurant before heading back to Dublin). I am not one who usually enjoys organized tours but this one was great. Glendalough was magical and mystical and we got a beautiful wool throw at the Avoca mill. We had a tour guide in addition to the bus driver. The guide was excellent and it was an experience in itself seeing how the bus driver navigated the narrow, winding Irish lanes. As I recall, we did the train/bus combination tour to maximize time and go to Avoca as well as Glendalough.

Thank you. Just the personal advice I was looking for.

• 4 months later...

What tour company did you use?