Cagney's Ribeye on The Dawn, anyone?

Hi all,

Leaving a week from tomorrow on The Dawn and CANNOT WAIT. Been counting down for months.

I'm a big steak fan, ribeye particularly. We last sailed The Dawn in 2012 and I had one at Cagney's. I was not impressed. It was tough, sinewy, and not really marbled, just pure grizzle running throughout.

I'm hoping the ribeye has improved since then, or we just had bad luck. Has anyone ordered one recently? Any feedback?

We are booked for Cagney's our first night of the cruise and I'd love a great steak. Wondering if I should chance another ribeye or just pick something else. What are your favorite cuts?

Happy Sails!

Bison is very lean. IMO, It shouldn't be served more than medium rare or it would be too tough. It's not gamey, but had a light flavor, almost as if it's seasoned even when it's not, at least that's my recollection. It's been a few years.

Had a fillet a couple of years back that was excellent. One of the best meals I've ever had. My whole family had great meals, and it was a comp dinner in Cagney's because of an issue we had on the ship. They fed and treated us like we were royalty.

attachment.php?attachmentid=351321&stc=1&d=1433473022

IMG_2303.jpg.6031695457f1d8502d9f85e446702898.jpg

I had a not-so-good experience at Cagney's last year, but I'm going to try it again. Is the bone-in ribeye better than the boneless one?

Too bad they don't have a porterhouse. For $30, I'd expect that to be on the menu. :mad:

We usually go to Cagney's 3 times on our cruise vacations. DH & I love Cagney's. It is his favorite place to eat on a cruise. My DH always gets the rib eye never had a bad one yet. I change it up with the filet (yummy) or the rib eye. I say can't go wrong with either one. Always remember if you get something that is not right for you ask your waiter/waitress for something different and let them know why. They want you to enjoy your meal.

Enjoy!!

Had a fillet a couple of years back that was excellent. One of the best meals I've ever had. My whole family had great meals, and it was a comp dinner in Cagney's because of an issue we had on the ship. They fed and treated us like we were royalty.

attachment.php?attachmentid=351321&stc=1&d=1433473022

This is pretty much what my filet looked like on the Getaway. One of the top steaks I have ever had anywhere. As someone else said, "like butter". Please note that they have a 5oz for those with tiny appetites ( the picture of the tiny filet next to a huge ribeye ) and also a big 10 oz one.

This is pretty much what my filet looked like on the Getaway. One of the top steaks I have ever had anywhere. As someone else said, "like butter". Please note that they have a 5oz for those with tiny appetites ( the picture of the tiny filet next to a huge ribeye ) and also a big 10 oz one.

Good to know that the filet come in bigger size 10 oz one cause I would need 2 - 4 of the 5 oz one (where is the beef?). LOL :D

Just off the Norweigian Dawn this A.M. too. Went to Cagneys first night of cruise. I had the Ribeye bone in. It was as expected, done to my liking medium/rare. It was a good quality.

Sons girlfriend had Bison Strip. I got a bite, it was good and done medium/rare. It was way more tender than I thought it would be.

Had the Rib Eye in La Cucina too. It too was good.

Had the 32 oz. steak in La Bistro. It was good, but was a tad more overdone than I ordered.

And now the fillet:

084508.jpg

Wow! :eek: That's small! I hope that's the children's portion.

Probably the 5 oz filet, which was more than enough for me, with a salad and baked potato. They also have an 8 oz filet.

The filet every time I've eaten at Cagney's has been excellent.

Hi all,

Leaving a week from tomorrow on The Dawn and CANNOT WAIT. Been counting down for months.

I'm a big steak fan, ribeye particularly. We last sailed The Dawn in 2012 and I had one at Cagney's. I was not impressed. It was tough, sinewy, and not really marbled, just pure grizzle running throughout.

I'm hoping the ribeye has improved since then, or we just had bad luck. Has anyone ordered one recently? Any feedback?

We are booked for Cagney's our first night of the cruise and I'd love a great steak. Wondering if I should chance another ribeye or just pick something else. What are your favorite cuts?

Happy Sails!

The Ribeye steaks 140z from La Cucina is also pretty good , imagine get a good steak at an Italian Restaurant

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/cucina.pdf

Probably the 5 oz filet, which was more than enough for me, with a salad and baked potato.

You should enjoy the new serving sizes at Teppanyaki, too. Here's a video of the new meals and how they're prepared. Don't overeat!

Edited by Sizzlechest