Carnival is 'The Fun Ship"...but it is missing one thing

westwingjazz

After years of sailing, I have come to the conclusion that Carnival is 'The Fun Ship'; however, it is missing one thing...for me that would be a movie theater with stadium seating and the latest box office hits. I could enjoy dinner and treat my husband to a movie, at the movies.

What is your 'one thing'...

After years of sailing, I have come to the conclusion that Carnival is 'The Fun Ship'; however, it is missing one thing...for me that would be a movie theater with stadium seating and the latest box office hits. I could enjoy dinner and treat my husband to a movie, at the movies.

Well that is already kinda available on newer ships with the outdoor theatre at sea..... now that is real relaxation in my eyes..... calm breeze, good movie.....and minimal crowds !

I can go to the movies at home...I prefer to do something more special on a cruise.

The only thing on my "wish" list is for a hot breakfast on the room service menu.

Certainly, good coffee and fresh croissant with lovely butter and jam is wonderful and is my usual to enjoy on the balcony early in the morning.

But, once in a while...........................

I watched part of a movie on the Liberty last June and loved it. It felt like a drivein and the weather was ncie and you could see the stars.

My fisrt cruise was on the three month old Soveriegn of the Seas and back then, it had a small indoor movie theater. I saw "The Naked Gun" on it during a sea day with my family.

They used to have them... I am thinking that in 92 I sailed the Festivale and it had one. I think I like the new outdoor theater better.

I can't think of anything that I am really missing.....

Movies would be nice, but I generally am loathe to go to the theatre (I'm not a small guy, I hate having anyone next to me other than my DGF, people talk too much... etc... etc... etc... I'm freakin' picky). Other than maybe a bit clearer reception on the TV's in room or whatnot.... I'm not missing anything. :D

My point was simply that the cruise lines try to attract passengers by offering things they don't get at home. MOTS yes....a multiplex, probably not. Specialty shows, probably.....TV programming....probably not high up on the list. But hey, you can always wish.

My one thing is a two-fer.

I'd like a nice selection of tasty beers and for all BudLight containers to be maked such that i won't realize that I'm actually near them.

How about something that resembles a brew pub? They could have some microbrewed ales on tap and serve food like beer battered onion rings, hot wings and cheese burgers with mushrooms?

Only 1 thing would make it better. All-inclusive drinks. I'd pay more to not have to worry about carrying that dang card and signing a little slip of paper while I'm wet in the pool.

Not the best idea for a cruise ship... THere will be too many drunks.

Archived