Carnival is 'The Fun Ship"...but it is missing one thing

westwingjazz

If I wanted to improve Carnival experience, I would add better quality and more various lounge entertainment. I would also add adult only pools, with so many kids onboard adults need to have place to escape.

The OP said movies were HER thing and then asked "What is YOUR one thing".... no need to post the "I can see movies at home" bit, if that is what makes her feel relaxed and on vacation, then good for her. I can drink fruity drinks and lay by the pool at home, too- but that doesn't mean I'm not going to do it on my cruise as well....

I also want a better sports bar. That's why we don't sail during March Madness!

Also, complimentary, 24 hour beverage stations for soda, juice, tea and coffee would be nice!

How about something that resembles a brew pub? They could have some microbrewed ales on tap and serve food like beer battered onion rings, hot wings and cheese burgers with mushrooms?

Now you're talking. Great idea. They'd probably have standing room only, especially if it's coupled with the sports bar:D

After years of sailing, I have come to the conclusion that Carnival is 'The Fun Ship'; however, it is missing one thing...for me that would be a movie theater with stadium seating and the latest box office hits. I could enjoy dinner and treat my husband to a movie, at the movies.

What is your 'one thing'...

A theater like you said and a bowling alley!

OH yeah, that's mine too!

We're sailing on Glory this Saturday and I don't think we're going to be able to watch the Georgia/Alabama game.

Terri

Amen to that one, but since no one but those born and raised in the South GETS the seriousness of college football (i.e. sides are chosen by age 2) I don't see them adding it any time soon.

BTW, as an Auburn grad I hope y'all stomp the bejesus out of Alabama this weekend!

bowling sounds great to me, soda machines too. We got those soda cards and let me say what a pain in the a**, they give you a small soda and the time you make it back to you table it's empty, who wants to keep getting up to refill it. I say charge alittle more and include the soda. This is just my opinion:) OH and baby changing stations in the bathrooms would be nice!!

better Sports Bar offerings goes on my list!! When i was on the Legend for Thanksgiving the Giants game was shown in the sports bar and the place was packed! We had a real blast! But that has not been the norm on other cruises.

Another thing i would like would be different balcony doors. Sliding would be nice or at least a built in hook to keep them open.

An aft pool that actually looks out onto the water, like the ones on Caribbean Princess. On all the Carnival ships I have been on, you have to sit on the higher deck and then walk down a flight of stairs to get to the pool. Also would love fresh water pools.

The Holiday has two pools overlooking the back of the ship. The lower one is a kiddie pool but the upper is a 4' deep (approx) small pool. The view of the ships wake is amazing.

About three weeks ago I was sitting on the edge of the lower pool, while my kids played, watching the ocean we were leaving behind. For just a few minutes it started to lightly rain. That moment was my nirvana. :)

After years of sailing, I have come to the conclusion that Carnival is 'The Fun Ship'; however, it is missing one thing...for me that would be a movie theater with stadium seating and the latest box office hits. I could enjoy dinner and treat my husband to a movie, at the movies.

DW would agree with you.:)

There was a theater similar to that on the Carnivale on our very first cruise, back in the 80's. I don't know if the seating would qualify as "stadium" seating...but it was like a real theater.

I watched part of a movie on the Liberty last June and loved it. It felt like a drivein and the weather was ncie and you could see the stars.

My fisrt cruise was on the three month old Soveriegn of the Seas and back then, it had a small indoor movie theater. I saw "The Naked Gun" on it during a sea day with my family.

I just slept in that movie theater a couple weekends ago.:eek:

It needs a REAL sports bar not one that only shows soccer.

Lise

On the Liberty last Oct I watched college and pro football. Also watched the MLB playoffs......All you have too do is ask the bartender to do is switch the channel.......:eek: ;)

Archived