Carnival is 'The Fun Ship"...but it is missing one thing

westwingjazz

Maybe a MAN CAVE!!!!! The waitresses would be the only women allowed in there. In all fairness, there would have to be a woman cave or what ever else you call it.....oh wait they already have the place for the women......THE SPA!

Just a place guys can be guys, huge leather recliners with football ( not soccer ) on. Free draft beer, nachos, hot wings, topless dancers ( well ok maybe with tops on ).

Give the ladies a place where some chip and dale dancers wait on them hand and foot ( so we dont have to :p :D ).

Ice cream machines in every room!!!!!!

Ok im done

Tim

Doesn't watching TV kind of defeat the purpose of getting away on a cruise? I can be a couch potato at home....don't want to do it on vacation.

But some people can't be a couch potato at home. Their lives are much too busy. Don't ask me about TV during the 80's. Four kids, we both worked and coached and our kids were involved in everything. If we had been able to go on a cruise and just watch movies and TV on the high seas we would have been in heaven.

I would like to see anon smoking cruise or a non smoking side of ship. Or enforcement of the no smoking on balconies policy.

There already is a non smoking side of the ship and as far as no smoking on the balcony, that ain't gonna happen since there's no such policy...

The OP said movies were HER thing and then asked "What is YOUR one thing".... no need to post the "I can see movies at home" bit, if that is what makes her feel relaxed and on vacation, then good for her. I can drink fruity drinks and lay by the pool at home, too- but that doesn't mean I'm not going to do it on my cruise as well....

I also want a better sports bar. That's why we don't sail during March Madness!

Also, complimentary, 24 hour beverage stations for soda, juice, tea and coffee would be nice!

I must agree with you... better bars. I wish they would not hide the jazz clubs in the back of the ship. However, I will not complain, the jazz lounges are great and Carnival has the best out there, but I would like two or three to choose from.

A no child under 18 area.

A dining room that requires a tux or suit and ladies evening gown or dress.

A elegant tea in a lounge with proper dress.

Padded sun chairs.

Try Princess or Celebrity.

I am not sure about 100% requirements for tux or suite (although many people respect the code), but they do have padded chairs and adult only areas.

I enjoyed Movies under the Stars on Princess much more, because chairs had padding which they covered with special cover.. plus we were given cozy blanket.

movie_1.jpg

A no child under 18 area. Check out the 'Serenity' area on Splendor.

A dining room that requires a tux or suit and ladies evening gown or dress.

A elegant tea in a lounge with proper dress.

Padded sun chairs. There are also in the Serenity area (green padding), and the regular deck chairs on the Splendor and some of the other ships going under drydock have a new chair style that is grayish mesh that I found quite comfortable.

Answers above

Amen to that one, but since no one but those born and raised in the South GETS the seriousness of college football (i.e. sides are chosen by age 2) I don't see them adding it any time soon.

BTW, as an Auburn grad I hope y'all stomp the bejesus out of Alabama this weekend!

THANK YOU!!

Oklahoma /U of Texas game!

Last October we did get to see the World Series on the Conquest. Maybe you have to find the right bar............that could take some time...;)

Doesn't watching TV kind of defeat the purpose of getting away on a cruise? I can be a couch potato at home....don't want to do it on vacation.

DH and I wait all year for the ARMY-NAVY GAME, this is a major sporting event, that is shown on TV all over the world. We thought for sure it would be shown on the ship, it was not. We will never cruise again the first weekend of December. We could not even

We were on an eleven night cruise, watching one football game would not have made us TV junkies, in fact Navy Football in just about the only football we watch. Just because we have one game a year that we love to watch (a. we have lived in Annapolis, MD all of our lives. b. Our son-in-law is a grad.) does NOT make us "Couch Potato's"! I assure you, I spend more time cruising each year than I do watching football.

Soda Machines.. on at least every other floor!

Or how about a self serve Soda Fountain machine.. swipe the card - I will pay for it.. so i can a soda anytime!

:)

Also more than one crap table and roulette table.. for us low minimum betters...

After years of sailing, I have come to the conclusion that Carnival is 'The Fun Ship'; however, it is missing one thing...for me that would be a movie theater with stadium seating and the latest box office hits. I could enjoy dinner and treat my husband to a movie, at the movies.

What is your 'one thing'...

I can do those things at home.

I can't sit on a balcony overlooking the ocean with a cup of coffee in the morning, a cocktail in the afternoon and an after dinner glass of wine in the evening -- visit places that may be a once in a lifetime opportunity, enjoy a week of not having to cook, clean, etc.

I'll take those admittedly limited pleasures over movies and TV. ;)

The OP said movies were HER thing and then asked "What is YOUR one thing".... no need to post the "I can see movies at home" bit, if that is what makes her feel relaxed and on vacation, then good for her. I can drink fruity drinks and lay by the pool at home, too- but that doesn't mean I'm not going to do it on my cruise as well....

I also want a better sports bar. That's why we don't sail during March Madness!

Also, complimentary, 24 hour beverage stations for soda, juice, tea and coffee would be nice!

You can get soda 24/7 [not free]]. And you can get coffee, tea, and hot chocolate 24/7 on the Lido and soft ice cream. FREE! Always have been able to do that on every Carnival ship.

Sports bar might have a problem with ESPN not putting things on satellite?

And cruise ships in the Caribbean are sailing in the soccer world, not the American football and basketball world.

Dan

You can get soda 24/7 [not free]]. And you can get coffee, tea, and hot chocolate 24/7 on the Lido and soft ice cream. Always have been able to do that on every Carnival ship.

Sports bar might have a problem with ESPN not putting things on satellite?

And cruise ships in the Caribbean are sailing in the soccer world, not the American football and basketball world.

Dan

Where on the lido is soda when the bars are closed? Please let me know!

lol:)

All these 'little' xtras EACH cost money. Right now Carnival gives far and away, the most bang for the buck of any cruiseline. Now or historically. I can cruise without any of the xtras mentioned. Many of which are and have been available for ages. I vote for keeping the best value on the seas.

Dan

Carnival needs to have an "adult type scavenger hunt game" like Quest on RC. It's held in the middle of the night and it is an absolute riot. The most "fun" I've had on a ship!!:D

Yes, it's fun... They also need to eliminate "Hairy chest" contest in common pool.

Archived