How do we request seat assignments on Princess Air?

islandwoman

We're flying on the Princess charter on Miami Air from Miami to Manaus. We called Miami Air to request seat assignments and they told us that Princess was handling them. We called Princess and they told us to call Miami Air. :rolleyes:

We're flying on the Princess charter on Miami Air from Miami to Manaus. We called Miami Air to request seat assignments and they told us that Princess was handling them. We called Princess and they told us to call Miami Air. :rolleyes:
Did you ask for Flight Choice? I don't know how it's handled now but on my previous FLL > Manaus flights, the air charter company handled the initial seating requests. Then, about a month before the cruise, they turned it over to Princess to complete the seating. I don't know when you're going but you could be in this changeover time period. If it were me, I'd keep bugging Miami Air. I'd also check with others on my Roll Call to see what they've been told or if anyone has better information. You might be surprised what people can find out.

I have paid for flight Choice through Princess so I have my Airline booking already.

I phoned Cathay Pacific regarding seat booking and they told me to contact them 60 days before flight and they will book it for me.

This is to Asia.

I have paid for flight Choice through Princess so I have my Airline booking already.

I phoned Cathay Pacific regarding seat booking and they told me to contact them 60 days before flight and they will book it for me.

This is to Asia.

Kruisey, this would be completely different for the Princess charter to/from Manaus. No such thing as paying for air deviation, etc.

I was trying to come up with a phone number for reservations for your trip and came across this. Hope this doesn't happen.

Miami Air crewmembers may strike

"For eight years these crewmembers have been denied a fair wage increase," said Gene Sowell, president of International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) Local 747. "After over 18 months of negotiations and eight years of stagnant wages, IBT Local 747 and the flight deck crewmembers at Miami Air are poised to strike in order to achieve an equitable contract."

Miami Air International employs approximately 100 pilots, flying Boeing 737s throughout the world. Miami Air conducts charter flights for South Florida professional sports teams such as the Miami Heat, the Florida Marlins, Florida Panthers and the Tampa Bay Lightning, along with other National Hockey League, Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association and college teams throughout the country. Additionally, Miami Air charters flights for cruise and travel organizations such as Club Med and Royal Caribbean International, Fortune 500 companies, and governmental agencies including the U.S. Air Force Mobility Command (USAF AMC) by providing transportation for troops and cargo.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/miami-air-crewmembers-prepare-to-strike,323168.shtml

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2008/03/17/daily42.html

With Princess Air, the flight information should be in your Personalizer around 45 days prior to the cruise. At that time, you should be able to contact the airline directly and make changes in your seat assignments or to request specific seat assignments. Usually the airline can locate our booking by our name, they haven't asked for booking numbers when we've called on the phone. Now if your TA or Princess will give you the booking number, most US airlines will let you pick seat assignments online.

We've never been told to contact Princess about the assignments except once, and that was when Princess had put a hold on some seats but had not made payment on them yet. I won't go into that mess!

With Princess Air, the flight information should be in your Personalizer around 45 days prior to the cruise. At that time, you should be able to contact the airline directly and make changes in your seat assignments or to request specific seat assignments. Usually the airline can locate our booking by our name, they haven't asked for booking numbers when we've called on the phone. Now if your TA or Princess will give you the booking number, most US airlines will let you pick seat assignments online.

We've never been told to contact Princess about the assignments except once, and that was when Princess had put a hold on some seats but had not made payment on them yet. I won't go into that mess!

Ordinarily, this would hold true but all bets are off with a charter flight with a non-commercial airline. Generally, you don't get an individual booking # for a charter flight because it's a group booking; at least, I can't remember getting one but rather calling the airline and confirming that my name was on the list of passengers.

We leave April 14.

Sounds like it might be time to make another phone call - or two or three!

We paid $499 per person for the one-way direct-flight charter from Miami to Manaus, considerably less than the $668 that COPA wants for a longer flight with a connection in Panama.

Now if Miami Air just doesn't go on strike :eek: If they do, would Princess have a responsibility to find us another flight?

event.png

Now if Miami Air just doesn't go on strike :eek: If they do, would Princess have a responsibility to find us another flight?
In this case, yes. It's their charter and most of the passengers for the cruise will be on that charter. They also need the charter to return passengers disembarking in Manaus. It'll be interesting to see what they do but chances are that they are already making a Plan "B" because otherwise, they're going to have two shiploads of irate passengers.

Archived