Platinum

Teesull22

Will my 20 year old son who has Platinum status receive a Platinum card or will it be blue until he turns 21?

Thanks in advance

Do children receive membership benefits?

The Captain’s Circle benefits are for adults 18 or older, benefits including alcoholic beverages have an additional age restriction. Children accrue cruise history and can begin enjoying their benefits once they are 18 or older.

When my daughter went on her first cruise after turning 21 (her own booking and cabin) she was considered a new cruiser and was blue card with no perks. This was our December 2014 cruise....unless things have changed since then.

Kelly

With first cruise on her own booking, did you mean she has cruised before but on your booking?

When my daughter went on her first cruise after turning 21 (her own booking and cabin) she was considered a new cruiser and was blue card with no perks. This was our December 2014 cruise....unless things have changed since then.

Kelly

If she had previously cruised on Princess as a minor, she should have received a cruise card commensurate with her past cruising history. Princess assigns a Captain's Circle number to every booked passenger regardless of age. I suspect your daughter's booking didn't have her previous CC number. This also means she probably has two numbers and needs to call the CC desk to get that corrected.

It is my understanding that passengers under the age of 18 accumulate cruise credits and cruise days like everyone else. However, they are not eligible to the Captain's Circle ranks. They get a blue card. Once the reach age 18, the get the rank they have earned via the previous cruises. So someone could go from under 18 and a blue card to Elite and a black card, the next day.