Hop on hop off bus prices

NSWP

I purchased Big Bus for Hong Kong at $74.50USD online.........and Busan Jumbo Bus for $14 AUD, big difference!!!

Crikey Chez, overpriced HK again, 74 US dollars = 100 Aussie, over the top.:evilsmile: But you are there you have to pay it.

100USD... that's over the top, especially for Hong Kong. Unless it included other services like champagne.

Works out $100AUD, includes Star Ferry return and Peak Tram.

It was 10% off buying online. Hong Kong is the only port we havent been to on this cruise and have until 10pm, although I think the last bus is about 7pm

so should get to do the 3 routes over the day.

No, it's right. What would even be the point of locking free toilets if they run them free. Defeats the purpose.

Just get used to paying for toilets in Europe, and consider yourself lucky if you find a free one available.

Uncle Les has just explained to you.Saves me banging my head against the wall,lol.I live in Europe by the way.

It was 10% off buying online. Hong Kong is the only port we havent been to on this cruise and have until 10pm, although I think the last bus is about 7pm

Enjoy Honkers Chez..., vibrant City, was there in June on way back from UK. Loads to see and enjoy. I actually lived there in 56-58 as a boy with my father and rest of my family we were stationed there in the Army. Different then.;) Star Ferry was there but, great value is that. Peak Tram to Mt Victoria also great, very busy.

The local government person responsible for toilets would unlawfully lock them and corruptly accept a donation from the café/restaurant charging tourists a fee to p, if you know what I mean.:o

Anyway back to the topic, it appears HO HO bus prices have increased world wide with $55 quoted for Sydney, but that is a 24 hour pass. Our Oslo one for $60 each was for a 1.5 hour loop ride only , then off.

Blimey,I had a result in Cape Town looking at those prices.Online,2 day pass including canal cruise and 3 routes for 15 GBP pp.Lifesaver for us as the weather scuppered Robben Island on the 1st day and had to do that and Table mountain all on the 2nd day.Reliable and frequent service and was our "taxi"for 2 days,cheers,Brian.

Blimey,I had a result in Cape Town looking at those prices.Online,2 day pass including canal cruise and 3 routes for 15 GBP pp.Lifesaver for us as the weather scuppered Robben Island on the 1st day and had to do that and Table mountain all on the 2nd day.Reliable and frequent service and was our "taxi"for 2 days,cheers,Brian.

Cheap as chips young Brian. Bargain, glad you enjoyed it. Capetown is great.:hearteyes: Stopped there for a couple of days in 2012, on Arcadia, Sydney-Southampton. That Table Mountain is an experience.

Showing my age but loos in Europe have been pay before you pee since at least the early 70s when I was a very young backpacker. Even visited the USSR back then and you paid a bit of a rouble for one square of questionable toilet paper. If you didn't wash your hands (favouring a cleaner situation) they barricaded the door to keep you in. I had one very truly memorable and uncomfortable experience in Talinnin which was in the USSR back then.These days I don't visit anywhere in Europe without a small gathering of toilet paper in my pocket and some small change.

Ah, that explains it. The Peak tram adds $20-30 to the price alone (though the ferry isn't much) so take that off, and the price is much more comparable to elsewhere.

Showing my age but loos in Europe have been pay before you pee since at least the early 70s when I was a very young backpacker. Even visited the USSR back then and you paid a bit of a rouble for one square of questionable toilet paper. If you didn't wash your hands (favouring a cleaner situation) they barricaded the door to keep you in. I had one very truly memorable and uncomfortable experience in Talinnin which was in the USSR back then.These days I don't visit anywhere in Europe without a small gathering of toilet paper in my pocket and some small change.

Even the toiler paper was rationed?

Despite that, sounds like one of the earlier forms of the upcharge/upsell model since favoured by McDonalds and airlines... :-)

And you know it was locked up improperly how?

Your'e like a dog with a bone geezer.Cos they were both locked and I rattled the door to wind up the parkie and he wasn't a happy bunny.Come, on this is perfect, spotless Norway.How often do you see mens and womens out of order.Plus I'm a smartass pom.

I'm looking on ebay for second hand turnstiles right now.

Or just flash your Sheriff badge and tell the dragon lady thou art on urgent duty or on the Queens business, lol.:'):halo:

Even the toiler paper was rationed?

Despite that, sounds like one of the earlier forms of the upcharge/upsell model since favoured by McDonalds and airlines... :-)

Back then the biggest shock to me was that all the public loos in Paris were starting blocks! And yes, you had to pay.

In London and other parts of Britain, the loos were free (except I think Harrods & was it Liberty?). So where did the expression to "spend a penny" really come from?

and make sure it is that shiny stuff that nothing sticks to.:eek:
You guys had the same luxuries as us.The old "Empire" was very generous sharing its high end products with the "colonies" ,lol.

Back then the biggest shock to me was that all the public loos in Paris were starting blocks! And yes, you had to pay.

In London and other parts of Britain, the loos were free (except I think Harrods & was it Liberty?). So where did the expression to "spend a penny" really come from?

All the public loos in the UK were a penny in the slot on the door,years ago.

All the public loos in the UK were a penny in the slot on the door,years ago.

Same in Sydney department stores in the 50s and 60s but there were dragon ladies guarding the loos. I remember my mother frantically searching for coins at Mark Foys with four of us under about 10:cool:

Same in Sydney department stores in the 50s and 60s but there were dragon ladies guarding the loos. I remember my mother frantically searching for coins at Mark Foys with four of us under about 10:cool:
Ah,those were the days,when nobody had a pot to pee in but they'd charge for it anyway.