Viking Homelands in May

pineapple1176

My comments about Salisbury were to underline the extremely serious nature of this brazen incursion into UK rather than to discourage tourism there. To try to get over to Americans what it feels like for us.

Holidays and travel are interesting and fun generally but the world is not one big Disneyland. Other tourists can do what they want regarding excursions and we will do what we want. We could have cancelled the trip but want to see the other countries on the itinerary.

We have been wondering about this also. We are scheduled to do the Viking Homelands Cruise in late May and have really been looking forward to St.Petersburg. Now, I’m feeling a bit uneasy. Our friends did this cruise last year and felt they were hassled a bit by immigration authorities when they were headed back to the ship.[/quote

We are probably on the same cruise, we opted for the ultimate st Petersburg tour 2 days but worth the safety.

Going on Viking homeland cruise the end of April 2018, I had a luggage question, for s as economy, what are the carry on limits, 1 carry on and 1 personal?

That's what was when we flew with for this cruise.

They're not getting a bean from us. We'll have a relaxing few days on board and all the more to spend in the other Baltic and Scandic countries

It’s really too bad you feel that way. The Russian people are very warm and friendly. We can’t blame the average Russian (or the average American) for the political situation. I hope you reconsider. You will be missing a beautiful city and a wonderful opportunity to meet real Russians. Happy trails!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These are different times. UK and US consulates in St Petersberg have been closed down. Things are most definitely not what they were

Cash may be king for some people but, fortunately, not nearly enough for others.

It may come down to the ship not even stopping in Russia and you will enjoy some more civil ports. If things continue the way they are going no American may be allowed to go there in the near future.

It may come down to the ship not even stopping in Russia and you will enjoy some more civil ports. If things continue the way they are going no American may be allowed to go there in the near future.

We were in St P last year and it is a wonderful city to visit. However it is hard to ignore emerging issues. Below is some advice from our Department of Foreign Affairs, and a quote from the Deputy Prime Minister of Australia last week (obviously directed at Australian citizens).

Would we still go if our trip was this year instead of last year ?? ... I'm not sure - maybe, with some trepidation.

"Due to heightened political tension, you should be aware of the possibility of anti-Western sentiment or harassment," the advice says.

"Remain vigilant, avoid any protests or demonstrations and avoid commenting publicly on political developments."

Many Australians are planning to travel to the FIFA World Cup later this year and Mr McCormack said they should think carefully before travelling.

"There is obviously a diplomatic row at the moment after those nerve agents were used," he said.

"If you don't need to travel to Russia at the moment then think twice, think three times about doing it."

• 2 weeks later...

Given the current tension, you may be right. Hopefully, Americans won’t have issues with immigration in St. Petersburg. We are closely watching the international situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you get to visit St Petersburg. We went with a Russian company and local guide and it was amazing. So grateful for the opportunity to see this amazing city. Glad most people in many parts of the world relate to us as people like them and understand we are not our politicians.

Sent from my iPad using Forums