How did people find out about CC?

chaz cruiser

Hi All,

I just had a thought. It seems our numbers of regulars have just recently increased and I wondered how everyone else found out about this site.

Me - I found it while searching for info on our cancelled cruise at Easter by using Google!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

I forget how I found it.. I may have been drunk at the time...

Actually I remember it clearly.. It was a warm sunny day, the birds were singing, the wind was a crisp breeze blowing out of the east...

Seriously... found it through google about 18 months ago. But only started posting about a month ago or so..

Dan

I found CC through the Singapore TripAdvisor forum whilst looking for info on their cruise terminal. And I have been posting ever since............ Kerri (this would have to be one of the "nicest" sites I've been on. There is no nastiness or sarcasm which is refreshing. (the vegas site is a shocker!!!!).

I had been on an American site calle "cruise addicts" reading reviews about the Sun when it was the Jubilee (& believe me the yanks don't speak very highly of it). I then decided to do a google search looking for an Australian site and I found this. Love it.

Karen

Like everyone else, I was searching for reviews, photos, anything that had to do with Pacific Sun. Stumbled across this site and love it.

I confess, I am addicted. So addicted I had to change to broadband as my usual $20- per month dial up bill soon turned into $140- per month:eek: ( <- this is my husbands reaction)

Kazza

I found it on a google search, like everyone else i was researching my holiday. N616 it seems such a long way off :(

Stewart

Believe me it will go quicker than you think and before you lknow it , you will be looking at negative numbers in your countdown just like me.....:(

I too found it by looking for "ship reviews"as the Sun hadn't arrived in Aus yet and there was no pics or info.Imagine that all you newbies!! :p We had no one to ask "what was it like"I remember the first time I logged on, I saw a request from someone on the same cruise as me. I was soooooo excited! His name was Motoman,remember him? he wanted someone to party with :eek: I wanted to reply but found I had to register.So did it really quick and that is why I called myself "Past it "as that is what I told him :D Not very witty I know.I went and had a look at my old threads,remember Samushy? Where are these old ones?????It must be time for a recruise!!!! Anyway I remember what it was like my first time ,wanting to know everthing and no one to ask,so thats why I chip in every now and then if I can help. :) Anyone else remember the first one that replied to you?

I went and had a look at my old threads,remember Samushy? Where are these old ones?????It must be time for a recruise!!!! :)

Anyone else remember the first one that replied to you?

Past it

I remember sumushy.. Last we heard of her she was booking another cruise in April - N614. I wonder if she booked it?

My first reply was from "Whoey":)

Kazza

I am a brand new member who has yet to go on my first cruise. I am researching for a trip on Pacific Sun next year.

I saw a link on the Fodors travel talk - Australia forum - two weeks ago.

Jenny

Welcome to CC Jenny. You'll find these boards very helpful in your research for your cruise. Ask any question you like, even if you think it's a sill one because someone will be able to answer it. You find out so much more from people first hand than what you do reading from a brochure or even a TA that hasn't actually been on a cruise. Everyone is helpful & friendly so don't be shy!

Karen

Thank you for the nice welcome.

I haven't picked a cruise yet. I'm still in the research mode. I know practically nothing about cruising but learning and planning is half the fun.

We have just come back 3 weeks ago from a month in a campervan on the South island of New Zealand, we loved that, but would like something next time where the scenery comes to us. :-)

Relaxing on the deck of a cruise ship sounds just the thing.

I am enjoying all the messages, and learning a lot.

(co-incidentally, my husband is watching Speed 2 at the moment on Fox) lol

Best regards,

Jenny

Archived