Nearest Decent Beach to Cozumel

stoddaj1

Just wondering if anyone can suggest an inexpensive beach day taking taxi fares into consideration. Have been to Mr. Sanchos and Paradise Beach, and for only 2 travelers this time the taxi fees make those a little more than what we are looking for on this budget vacation. Thanks

Just wondering if anyone can suggest an inexpensive beach day taking taxi fares into consideration. Have been to Mr. Sanchos and Paradise Beach, and for only 2 travelers this time the taxi fees make those a little more than what we are looking for on this budget vacation. Thanks

Depends on your definition of “beach” and which pier you are arriving at and what you want to do there.

There are no “real, sandy” beaches within walking distance of any (of the three) piers but there are certainly possibilities if you give a few more details.

Money Bar does not have an actual beach, but has a nice sandy area with loungers, no admission or minimum purchase, good food, drinks and snorkeling and is only about $ 11-12 each way for a cab from International Pier. Two people can spend $ 50 - $ 100, depending on how much you eat / drink and have a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote for the Money Bar. Cab will be about $12 each way (fare covers up to 4 in the cab, so pair up with others from your roll call ;) ). Good snorkeling from the shore, no admission fee, good facilities/lockers, and good food, drinks & service :D

Every time, I cruise it is a budget vacation so we usually pick one port day to stay on the ship when the chair hogs are gone and enjoy the ship. In Cozumel there is a hotel a few blocks from the port, El Sid that has a deck with sand and a good pool you might want to investigate. My family has enjoyed this place. We paid $50.00 for the all-inclusive but others told me they just walked in and bought a drink and were allowed to enjoy the pool and sand-beach.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

Money Bar and El Cid are both good suggestions, IF they are docking at Puerta Maya or International.

I am a big fan of Money Bar and El Cid is a good budget option ( we have never done AI only cheaper pass,- we would prefer Park Royal for AI) but so far we don’t know what OP expects from their day or where they are docking.

If they are at Punta Langosta there are other budget friendly options.