Late check-in on Escape..what to expect?

Corl4

Since we booked at the last minute, we have the 1:00-1:30 check-in. Will there still be lines in the terminal or will most people already be in the ship? We have a 2 year old with us so we’re hoping there is not too much waiting! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wait. They told you what time to check in? I've never heard of this unless there was some sort of circumstance that warranted a late check in for all passengers...like an inspection or something. In my experience, people just show up at get in line.

CM

When you do the online check-in on My NCL, it always asks you to choose a check-in window. The language on the site says that if you arrive before your scheduled check-in time, you will be required to wait. In reality, that is never actually checked or enforced at the pier.

To the OP, if you do arrive for your late check-in time, you likely won't have to wait in very long lines to check-in, as most people will already be on board. Boarding seems to typically start between 11:00 and noon, so most people will have already boarded, which means lines should be short.

Wait. They told you what time to check in? I've never heard of this unless there was some sort of circumstance that warranted a late check in for all passengers...like an inspection or something. In my experience, people just show up at get in line.

CM

Have never been told specific check in time. I think it only exists at certain ports. Never sailed out of NYC but think it might be suggested at nyc and maybe Miami, but never been enforced for us/me.