Puntarenas Costa Rica Rainforest Aerial Tour Excursion

BIGADORF

One of the worst tours I’ve ever taken. Lines were very long waiting for the tram. I think we waited an hour in the heat and sun (no shade) in line for the tram. Once on the tram, we had a “guide” who was supposed to point out animals, flora, etc. along the way. We’d go past something and he’d, say, “Oh, we just passed xyz” and of course we missed seeing whatever it was.

We were supposed to have lunch after the tram. Because we were in line for so long, our group had a later lunch. We joked that we hoped there was still food left. No joke. There wasn’t. We got one (not heaping) tablespoon of rice, one of beans, no meat, and a small sliver of watermelon. We were told that’s all there was and there would be no more. Only beverage was what we called “bug juice” at camp. Anything else, we were charged, including water.

As we were leaving, we saw people sitting down with huge plates of food that included large pieces of chicken, mounds of rice and beans, etc. Overflowing plates of food. I was still starving.

When I got back on the ship, I reported my experience and was told that I got the full tour and what I paid for.

One of the worst tours I’ve ever taken. Lines were very long waiting for the tram. I think we waited an hour in the heat and sun (no shade) in line for the tram. Once on the tram, we had a “guide” who was supposed to point out animals, flora, etc. along the way. We’d go past something and he’d, say, “Oh, we just passed xyz” and of course we missed seeing whatever it was.

We were supposed to have lunch after the tram. Because we were in line for so long, our group had a later lunch. We joked that we hoped there was still food left. No joke. There wasn’t. We got one (not heaping) tablespoon of rice, one of beans, no meat, and a small sliver of watermelon. We were told that’s all there was and there would be no more. Only beverage was what we called “bug juice” at camp. Anything else, we were charged, including water.

As we were leaving, we saw people sitting down with huge plates of food that included large pieces of chicken, mounds of rice and beans, etc. Overflowing plates of food. I was still starving.

When I got back on the ship, I reported my experience and was told that I got the full tour and what I paid for.

We were more lucky than you,we got to eat,lol.Correct me if I'm wrong,did you do a crocodile cruise on the way back,if so that was a lot more interesting.I'm sure we did both,cheers,Brian.

I guess we got lucky too. Did it several years ago and enjoyed it. Our "guide" did keep a watch for things worth seeing, and pointed them out for us.

The lines weren't bad, and we did get the promised lunch.

We did this several years ago and saw nothing, the guide pointed a couple of times in various directions but we couldn't see a dicky bird. Or any other animal.

It was nice enough going through the rain forest but not nice enough for what it cost and what we saw.

We did it, I believe three years ago and it was just O.K.

We really liked our guide as it was the same one on the bus going over to the rain forest and talked a lot about everything along the entire trip. As far as seeing much, well it seems like we seen 2-3 animals from the tram, and a couple on the ground such as a frog & lizard. That was about it.

The lunch was OK, and was served what was advertised.

We would not do it again though, as once was enough.

We did it, I believe three years ago and it was just O.K.

We really liked our guide as it was the same one on the bus going over to the rain forest and talked a lot about everything along the entire trip. As far as seeing much, well it seems like we seen 2-3 animals from the tram, and a couple on the ground such as a frog & lizard. That was about it.

The lunch was OK, and was served what was advertised.

We would not do it again though, as once was enough.

I guess we are spoiled with wildlife in Fl

this morning driving to Walmart I saw several different types of herons, sandhill cranes, a Woodhead stork, the ever present turkey buzzards, lizards and frogs outside my front door, and hardly noticed them.

Narration on bus tour better than ariel tour. Lots of Iguanas around tram base. A few birds on the tram tour up and back. We had tour guide in our tram car.

This last trip Mom wanted to do cultural trip, and we saw the local kids do some folk dancing and sale of goods by PTA. Hope you find something worth wile and report back. 2 more port calls for us in Puntarenas in the next 2 years.

As for tour recommendations:

In addition to the tram ride, on another cruise we had a Princess excursion to San Jose. Not much there except an interesting theater that is worth a look. Now they go to a gold museum which would make this excursion better. On another cruise we took a private tour to a volcano. It was a long drive to get there. You walk on a dirt rode for about quarter mile or so to get to the rim. When we got there we saw absolutely nothing, too much fog. The guide said be patient. About 30 minutes later the fog lifted for about 10 minutes. It was a great view for those 10 minutes. All the tours we took stop at the city with the famous painted oxcarts. The stop there is at a store for shopping. I don't like shopping stops but this one was pretty good.The have some artisans working in the back. We always had good lunches but I am not hard to please. Every guide we had in Costa Rica has been excellent.

We will be there again in March. This time we are just hanging out in the town and in the ship.

My thinking is Costa Rica would be much better for land trips of several days at a nature resort rather than an 8 hour day trip off a cruise ship. But that is just me.