Banarama or Paradise Beach Club?

dcgrumpy

I'm planning on booking the Mayan Jungle Canopy Zipline and West Bay Beach with Rony's Tours. I'm trying to decide between Banarama and Paradise Beach Club. It will be me, my husband and our 3 kids, ages 13,15 and 17.

Any recommendations?

They're right next to each other. Same beach, same snorkeling, similar prices on food and drink. Snorkel gear is extra at both, unless Rony is including it in his excursion pricing. I think Bananarama could be a bit more crowded, although it does have lockers and outdoor shower for use.

Is there any scuba rental at either of those beaches?

Rental... as you rent the tank/gear and off you go solo? I doubt any dive shop on Roatan is going to allow that.

There may well be 12 dive shops on West Bay Beach, where Banarama and Paradise Beach Club are...contact any one of them to find out.

I know for a fact several shops in West End offer dive excursions. They collect you at the port, take you diving and return you to the ship. Coconut Tree comes to mind.

I am trying to decide between Banarama or Paradise Beach Club day pass as well. The company is Shore Excursioneer and they offer both. I would lean toward Paradise because you have use of the swimming pool and they provide towels, but their pass includes lunch (limited options) If there was a no lunch option I would go there....Banarama offers a no lunch option, but no pool and no towels....Why can't we just have it all?!!

I am trying to decide between Banarama or Paradise Beach Club day pass as well. The company is Shore Excursioneer and they offer both. I would lean toward Paradise because you have use of the swimming pool and they provide towels, but their pass includes lunch (limited options) If there was a no lunch option I would go there....Banarama offers a no lunch option, but no pool and no towels....Why can't we just have it all?!!

Have you tried booking dorectly with Paradise, They may well have a without food option.

You can have it all but at a price!

It has been reported in the past that day passes to Paradise have been $10pp. The expensive part of Roatan has always been the transport costs. There is a sliding scale depending on number of people in your party for a private driver for a day. This ranges from about $25pp for 4 or more in a car to $40pp, if only 2. Taxi fares are not regulated, some people have had success haggling but it is not worth my time on vacation and then you have to secure return transport.

The current pricing for the day pass to Paradise is very good - we are considering it for our next visit, so I have been checking! As I see it you can arrange your own day pass and driver, take the transport package to Bananarama and walk next door and see if you can get a pass to Paradise or book the Paradise package to be sure of transport and day pass but decline the food option when you get there. Even declining the food I don't see a lot of difference pricewise.

You can have it all but at a price!

It has been reported in the past that day passes to Paradise have been $10pp. The expensive part of Roatan has always been the transport costs. There is a sliding scale depending on number of people in your party for a private driver for a day. This ranges from about $25pp for 4 or more in a car to $40pp, if only 2. Taxi fares are not regulated, some people have had success haggling but it is not worth my time on vacation and then you have to secure return transport.

The current pricing for the day pass to Paradise is very good - we are considering it for our next visit, so I have been checking! As I see it you can arrange your own day pass and driver, take the transport package to Bananarama and walk next door and see if you can get a pass to Paradise or book the Paradise package to be sure of transport and day pass but decline the food option when you get there. Even declining the food I don't see a lot of difference pricewise.

thank you...transportation was my concern on going it alone...when i google Paradise I only get the hotel website which as far as I can see does not offer the day passes; so I am not quite sure how I can book thru them....This whole thing is exhausting me! lol I think I am just going to end up at Bananarama.....I appreciate everyone's in put.

thank you...transportation was my concern on going it alone...when i google Paradise I only get the hotel website which as far as I can see does not offer the day passes; so I am not quite sure how I can book thru them....This whole thing is exhausting me! lol I think I am just going to end up at Bananarama.....I appreciate everyone's in put.

I understand exhausting.

Did ya email Paradise? They may also have a US phone number. Paradise has more beach front than Bananrama, I also don't like all the boats at Banarama blocking my view. I am on my phone at the moment but will get you the link to their webcam.

Is your problem that you don't want to eat or drink at all, or you want to choose where you eat and drink?

My first priority is a pool and least number of vendors so although transport is less to Bananarama I know there is no pool and it will be busy. We have been to Roatan many times, spanning over 10 years, and we have still yet to make it to the acclaimed West Bay because I dont like crowds! I just feel the crowds are not going to get any less and I need to go at least once so I can say I have been and by choosing Paradise I can walk the beach if I want to.

I am sure you could write to Paradise directly and ask but if I didn't want to take the Shoreexcursioneer option I would book through one if the driver companies regularly recommended on here like Rony's or Bodden and ask them what their rate is. Having your own driver leaves you completely flexible to stop and start and change your mind if somewhere or the weather doesn't work out and you want to change your mind.

Is your problem that you don't want to eat or drink at all, or you want to choose where you eat and drink?

My first priority is a pool and least number of vendors so although transport is less to Bananarama I know there is no pool and it will be busy. We have been to Roatan many times, spanning over 10 years, and we have still yet to make it to the acclaimed West Bay because I dont like crowds! I just feel the crowds are not going to get any less and I need to go at least once so I can say I have been and by choosing Paradise I can walk the beach if I want to.

I am sure you could write to Paradise directly and ask but if I didn't want to take the Shoreexcursioneer option I would book through one if the driver companies regularly recommended on here like Rony's or Bodden and ask them what their rate is. Having your own driver leaves you completely flexible to stop and start and change your mind if somewhere or the weather doesn't work out and you want to change your mind.

Thank you I will check that out...and yes you hit the nail on the head...we would like to choose what we eat and drink the package option is very limited.

Thank you I will check that out...and yes you hit the nail on the head...we would like to choose what we eat and drink the package option is very limited.

If you go private driver route be sure to request "private" or you won't be able to customize. We usually go that route (but not with either of the companies regularly mentioned). Since there are only two of us in our group this time it would be more economical to take the package even if we decide to eat elsewhere - the package at least includes water! We are not big eaters during the day on a cruise ship day since we have more than enough to eat on the ship but I do like to try local snacks if available.

As I said the big plus for me would be the pool, although I know West Bay is renouned for its snorkeling.

• 3 weeks later...