Debarkation in Fort Lauderdale

Rayneman5

Assuming that you're flying out of Fort Lauderdale, an 11:30 flight should be fine. Just get off early to beat the crowds and give yourself some extra time should something go wrong. We left Serenade last week at about 7:45 (first group after self-disembark) and cleared airport security by 8:15, 3 hours ahead of our 11:20 flight. That's probably unusual as we walked straight through customs (Mobile Passport app), straight into a taxi, straight to Delta check-in, and only had about 10 people ahead of us in the security line. Your mileage may vary.

Edit: Be ready with a backup plan should the ship get delayed for some reason.

the adventure of the seas arrives back in port at 530am. At what time can passengers usually leave? Would an 11:30 am flight be too tight for time?

Thanks,

Self-assist passengers are usually starting to get off around 45 minutes after the ship arrives.

We left Serenade last week at about 7:45 (first group after self-disembark) and cleared airport security by 8:15, 3 hours ahead of our 11:20 flight.....straight to Delta check-in

If you'd arrived much earlier, Delta likely would have made you wait to check in. They are typically very strict about not letting anyone check in more than 3 hours before flight time at FLL. Usually there is someone walking around where you get in line and asking people what time their flight is before letting them get in line.

Good to know. I've experienced that in other countries but never in a US airport. Then again, I don't know if I've ever checked in that far in advance in a US airport.

FLL is the only place I've seen it consistently enforced, especially on certain days, because of the large the volume of cruise pax, (I fly in and out of FLL a lot on non-cruise related trips.). If they let everyone check in in the morning, you'd have the waiting area full of morning AND afternoon pax and there simply isn't enough room. Likely they don't have adequate space to store all the checked luggage for 4-8 hours either.