Victory updates?

kimberlym4

Any updates on the rebeautification of the Victory? Last I read it looked like most of 6 was done and they were working on 7. I think they are working their way up. So has anyone seen work yet on decks higher than 7? Or any info on the time the delayed boarding has actually been starting? I think the directive from them says 2 hours but just wondering if that has been accurate.

Any updates on the rebeautification of the Victory? Last I read it looked like most of 6 was done and they were working on 7. I think they are working their way up. So has anyone seen work yet on decks higher than 7? Or any info on the time the delayed boarding has actually been starting? I think the directive from them says 2 hours but just wondering if that has been accurate.

I would be interested in an update too. Recent posts had constuction going on day and evening disturbing guests in Cabins either above or below. I would also like to know if work has been completed now on deck 7. We are on 8 very shortly and if constuction is still being done below us, we will not be pleased. It's not what we had in mind for a relaxing cruise. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

We were on the Nov 14th sailing - we arrived at the port around 11:15 and were on board by 1:30. We had zone 4. They started priority and FTTF. around 1 if I am remembering correctly. My friend who arrived around 12:30 had zone 12.

Hope you get to board quickly!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on the Nov 21 sailing in cabin 7286 and all the rooms on our side were updated.

You were located near the forward elevators. Do you know for sure if they completed the cabin refurbishment all the way to the back of the Ship? Did you walk back there or did someone tell you the whole Port side on 7 was completed? Thanks

You were located near the forward elevators. Do you know for sure if they completed the cabin refurbishment all the way to the back of the Ship? Did you walk back there or did someone tell you the whole Port side on 7 was completed? Thanks

Someone told us that they were all completed. I did not check to be sure.

We were on the Nov 14th sailing - we arrived at the port around 11:15 and were on board by 1:30. We had zone 4. They started priority and FTTF. around 1 if I am remembering correctly. My friend who arrived around 12:30 had zone 12.

Hope you get to board quickly!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is great information. So even with delayed boarding, people were getting on starting at 1. If it was a longer cruise, the delayed boarding wouldn't really bother me but since it's only 3 nights, I feel like those first couple of hours are important. Hope you enjoyed your trip!

But what I can tell you is that everyone who had a new room was unable to use their keys to get in. When I was standing in the hallway waiting for someone to come fix it, as far down as I could see on both sides of the hallway there were people also waiting because they couldn't get in.

That's when a crew member came by and told us that all the rooms were brand new. "3 hours old" new, he said.

But what I can tell you is that everyone who had a new room was unable to use their keys to get in. When I was standing in the hallway waiting for someone to come fix it, as far down as I could see on both sides of the hallway there were people also waiting because they couldn't get in.

That's when a crew member came by and told us that all the rooms were brand new. "3 hours old" new, he said.

Thanks for the good news!

Just sailed Nov. 28-Dec 1.

We were in 6461 and 6457, both had been finished (and have fridges - which don't get super cold, just FYI).

I can't remember the exact room numbers, but I'd say the middle section on 6, starboard side, were blocked off. We never got up to 7 to see those rooms, but I can say that I never heard anything above us as far as construction.

They were also working on other areas, like Camp Carnival on Deck 11, so those activities were split up between different areas on the ship.

We had FTTF and arrived at port around 1:30 or so after driving down from Orlando. With the two hour delay, we set sail sometime after 6 (we were at dinner and had early dining, so I know it was during that time)

We were in 6461 and 6457, both had been finished (and have fridges - which don't get super cold, just FYI).

I can't remember the exact room numbers, but I'd say the middle section on 6, starboard side, were blocked off. We never got up to 7 to see those rooms, but I can say that I never heard anything above us as far as construction.

They were also working on other areas, like Camp Carnival on Deck 11, so those activities were split up between different areas on the ship.

We had FTTF and arrived at port around 1:30 or so after driving down from Orlando. With the two hour delay, we set sail sometime after 6 (we were at dinner and had early dining, so I know it was during that time)

Thanks for the info. We have FTTF mostly so we could get into our rooms earlier. Did you think it was worth it since everyone was boarding late enough that everyone's room was probably ready?

From your post and ones previous it would appear the construction is all over the place. I guess there is nothing one can do and just hope for the best.

Did you take any pics of the room? We're in 6434 (the mirror of 6461, but not until 2018) and I'm just interested to see what the re-do looks like, especially the bathrooms. And hubby's interested in the TV. :)

Edited by Jobeth66

It's still an old clunker.

Did you take any pics of the room? We're in 6434 (the mirror of 6461, but not until 2018) and I'm just interested to see what the re-do looks like, especially the bathrooms. And hubby's interested in the TV. :)

If you go back a few pages to page 8 I think, on November 14th SUSIEQ 954 posted four photos of the refurbished Cabins with new carpet, new pictures on the walls, new bedding, new drapes, new flat screen, completly re done bathroom. It's like a Cabin on a brand new ship, certainly does not have the look of an old clunker.

Edited by janewe

Thanks for the info. We have FTTF mostly so we could get into our rooms earlier. Did you think it was worth it since everyone was boarding late enough that everyone's room was probably ready?

FTTF is definitely worth it; you can show up at port to embark whenever (which was great for us as we flew into Orlando on Saturday and drove down to Miami Monday morning), you get to use the Platinum/Diamond line at Guest Services, and you're in one of the earliest groups to disembark the ship.

Sure did!

I've attached a few here, making sure to include ones of the bathroom and TV :D

IMG_2795.jpg.5db30a4676ed4537da207751e6adb120.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg.7983f8b73be4c08688caefc7af17e65b.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg.9546b8af0ba462388a15600e4e4bfbb3.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg.fd80d24e8c5fbe5e472e0fb677eae1fc.jpg