How often does Princess "skip" the priority embarkation in LA?

peety3

Of the three times we had priority embarkation, we most enjoyed it in August 2015 to board the Ruby in Seattle, having reached Platinum on our prior cruise. Staff seemed to bend over backwards to find ways to get us onboard faster. However, a month later trying to board the Crown in Seattle, there was no shortcut up to security, there was no special lounge area with food/drinks, no direct detour up to the card scanners, and only some speed-up with regard to boarding waves. We were told "half the ship is priority boarding, so we can't offer priority boarding". hmmm...

We're going to sail aboard the Ruby next February from LA...how often does Princess cast aside the priority boarding stuff in LA?

Of the three times we had priority embarkation, we most enjoyed it in August 2015 to board the Ruby in Seattle, having reached Platinum on our prior cruise. Staff seemed to bend over backwards to find ways to get us onboard faster. However, a month later trying to board the Crown in Seattle, there was no shortcut up to security, there was no special lounge area with food/drinks, no direct detour up to the card scanners, and only some speed-up with regard to boarding waves. We were told "half the ship is priority boarding, so we can't offer priority boarding". hmmm...

We're going to sail aboard the Ruby next February from LA...how often does Princess cast aside the priority boarding stuff in LA?

I would speculate and suggest that there are no verifiable surveys conducted to give you an answer.:)

I would speculate and suggest that there are no verifiable surveys conducted to give you an answer.:)

And the reason this statement is true is because it is impossible to know how many elite and platinum cruisers will be on the ship. How many of those are not sailing in a suite which also gets priority. How about BVE passengers. Then there are back to back passengers and wedding party passengers.

Many people have pointed out an abundance of Elite/Platinum cruisers on certain (long) cruises. So, as Husky said, there is no way to give you an accurate answer.

Um...thanks for (not) helping?

If you've had a green boarding pass when sailing out of LA, did you have a full priority boarding experience, or just a fraction?

How can anyone help with that question unless they are at the port every time a Princess ship leaves?:confused:

The more unusual or special a cruise is, the more Platinums and Elites there will be.

On the Anniversary MR cruise Princess everyone was treated 'special' because so few weren't.

We've given up being early to port. Arrive around the time boarding starts and we just walk right in thru to the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you've had a green boarding pass when sailing out of LA, did you have a full priority boarding experience, or just a fraction?

How can anyone help with that question unless they are at the port every time a Princess ship leaves?:confused:

Really simple, see the question above? If you've had a green boarding pass when sailing out of LA, did you have a full priority boarding experience, or just a fraction? That's all I'm asking. My hope is people who see this post have done multiple departures from LA and can speak to how consistent the priority board experience was, but even single "green" boardings would be informative to us.

Really simple, see the question above? If you've had a green boarding pass when sailing out of LA, did you have a full priority boarding experience, or just a fraction? That's all I'm asking. My hope is people who see this post have done multiple departures from LA and can speak to how consistent the priority board experience was, but even single "green" boardings would be informative to us.

Are you sure you're a Seahawk fan?;)

I usually sail from my homeport of LA a couple of times per year with priority boarding for about 15 years & it's been a full priority boarding experience.

Each time they've had priority check-in lines, had waiting priority passengers go through security first and had an area with coffee & maybe pastries. I've had them board elite passengers first then platinum passengers (sometimes in separate seating areas). I've never been in a suite so don't know where they fall into the boarding order.

LA is similar to experiences we've had at other ports such as FLL and Brooklyn.

My last three times with priority boarding at SP went like this.

Four years ago Platinum and Elites both used the same lounge with coffee, tea and pastries. Last year there were so many Platinum and Elites that they only Elites could set in the lounge area. However, those who are Platinum can go into the lounge area and have the goodies.

This February was the same situation as last year.

They were very good about keeping it a special parties, of which there were very few, the BVE, about 30 people) then those needing special help getting aboard. They even divided them up. Then elites the platinum. Then everyone else. We are platinum and were on within about 15 minutes of the beginning of boarding.

I usually sail from my homeport of LA a couple of times per year with priority boarding for about 15 years & it's been a full priority boarding experience.

Each time they've had priority check-in lines, had waiting priority passengers go through security first and had an area with coffee & maybe pastries. I've had them board elite passengers first then platinum passengers (sometimes in separate seating areas). I've never been in a suite so don't know where they fall into the boarding order.

LA is similar to experiences we've had at other ports such as FLL and Brooklyn.

My last three times with priority boarding at SP went like this.

Four years ago Platinum and Elites both used the same lounge with coffee, tea and pastries. Last year there were so many Platinum and Elites that they only Elites could set in the lounge area. However, those who are Platinum can go into the lounge area and have the goodies.

This February was the same situation as last year.

They were very good about keeping it a special parties, of which there were very few, the BVE, about 30 people) then those needing special help getting aboard. They even divided them up. Then elites the platinum. Then everyone else. We are platinum and were on within about 15 minutes of the beginning of boarding.

Thanks for the input!

Nice to see you around. Would love to cruise with you and hubby again. I hope things are well with you.

Hi AZ! Things are very good and as my signature says, HD and I are going to Alaska in September on the Ruby! Any chance you would go to Alaska? Otherwise, our next endeavor will be either the California wine country coastal or going back to Cabo in 2017. Any plans for you two?

Cathy