San pedro questions/shuttle/hotels

maui07

Can someone please help me fid the most affordable way to get a shuttle from LAX to san pedro. Also, other than the double tree and crown plaza what other hotels with shuttles would you recommend that are reasonably inexpensive? Thanks!

Can someone please help me find the most affordable way to get a shuttle from LAX to san pedro. Also, other than the double tree and crown plaza what other hotels with shuttles would you recommend that are reasonably inexpensive? Thanks!

SuperShuttle charges $17 per person for a shared shuttle LAX to San Pedro. The other major shuttle company is PrimeTime--which charges about the same...as do several smaller shared shuttle companies operating in the area. People either love or hate the various shuttle companies for a variety of reasons...But, the advantage to going with someone like SuperShuttle is that the always have a large number of shuttles constantly leaving LAX in all directions...

As to hotels in San Pedro, the Crowne Plaza and the Doubletree are the only two I really recommend--easily the nicest hotels in the area...and best located...

Some people posting on here also book the Best Western...apparently a lower price and "nice enough"...but also a lesser motel...and a more questionable location--on Gaffey Street--a main thoroughfare--right where the 110 Freeway dumps out into San Pedro and much farther from most of the area restaurants. Another one is the Sunrise--Right across the street from the cruise port--but with VERY "mixed" reviews over the years...The fifth hotel in town is the Vagabond--across the street from the Best Western--but with many poor reviews...

Even without shuttles, a taxi ride from any of these would be relatively cheap...San Pedro is just not all that big...and the Sunrise, for example, though I wouldn't stay there, is walkable...Actually, the Crowne Plaza is very walkable to the Cruise Pier...if you have manageable rolling luggage (I've done it)...maybe a half a mile to three quarters of a mile, depending on which dock, of flat terrain with only one major street to cross...mostly just walking across the large cruise terminal parking area...

Thanks everyone! Im finding the crowne and double tree to be about $200-$250 a night and we get in late so I don't mind a little more of a "sketchy" hotel for one night.

We were arriving quite late the night before our cruise so decided that staying at the Best Western would work as we wouldn't have time to do any sightseeing before the cruise anyway. They have a free shuttle going from the hotel to the cruiseport and a hot breakfast that is also complimentary. Rooms were clean and of a good size. Price was good.

Thanks everyone! Im finding the crowne and double tree to be about $200-$250 a night and we get in late so I don't mind a little more of a "sketchy" hotel for one night.

The Best Western on Gaffey is not sketchy. You will be very pleased. $144 a night including tax for a king suite. They don't pick you up from the airport. Take Super Shuttle. There are plenty of taxi options to get from Best Western to a restaurant and then in the morning the hotel will take you to the ship at no charge.

Thank you so much for all the information. Just booked the Crowne plaza for $99 through hotwire. Thought that was a good price for a saturday night stay on January 30th. And to answer a previous posters question, no, we did not know what hotel it was going to be until after we paid. Thanks you all again.