First time on Thomson but....

Hi all

I've just returned from my first Thomson cruise on Majesty and I must say it was very disappointing the ship was very dated the food was horrible imo, the only good thing about it was the staff we had a lovely cabin steward called gary & ina who made the holiday great for the kids

They couldn't use the kids club a when I booked the brochure stated kids 3-12 but on ship it stopped at 11 so they didn't want to be split. The pool was very cod but was emptied for a few days

The cost was nearly as much as a 14 night transatlantic so it will be back to P&O for future cruises

I so hope thomson read these posts. Premium price for a second rate product. Not just me saying this, it's all over these boards. I so want to return to them as I like the itineraries, but they are over priced with dated ships. Come into the 21st century Thomson.

I so hope thomson read these posts. Premium price for a second rate product. Not just me saying this, it's all over these boards. I so want to return to them as I like the itineraries, but they are over priced with dated ships. Come into the 21st century Thomson.

I too want to stick with Thomson - the ambience, entertainment, great port intensive itineraries and wonderful crew are great strengths. Of course I'd like new(er) ships too but I can just about forgive that but not the cost cutting in the last year or so. That definitely needs addressing for me.

I too want to stick with Thomson - the ambience, entertainment, great port intensive itineraries and wonderful crew are great strengths. Of course I'd like new(er) ships too but I can just about forgive that but not the cost cutting in the last year or so. That definitely needs addressing for me.

Absolutely. Well put. Do you think they will read/ act on these comments? It's not just me and you Kruzeeka.

Absolutely. Well put. Do you think thyey will read/ act on these comments? It's not just me and you Kruzeeka.

I would like to think so. A lot of us on here have invested a great deal in Thomson over the years and would hope that recurrent comments from lots of regular, long-time loyal customers would be seen as important feedback. Much of what is discussed on here about a drop in standards may be construed by some as 'moaning' - I see it as constructive criticism. Why would people who have loved travelling with Thomson for many years want to report a disappointing change in what their cruise delivered? Good business practice should demand that Thomson take note - or run the risk of losing a lot of their customer base. But I'm not convinced that they are. :rolleyes:

But I bet they're reading!!

KRUZSEEKA...you have taken the words out of my mouth, but you can put it down in writing...better than me, we loved THOMSONS for all the reasons you said, but our last cruise was a shambles from start to finish.

In the past we've loved Thomsons....but never again.

Thomson's use to get some stick from serious cruise line passengers. This was not to case and they gave first class service through out.

NOW the decline as set in and it is now there own clients who are dismissing them and leaving by the droves.

I would think more than twice about cruising with them now as for 2 months on the Dream it's being a Nightmare. They seem to be coming back a bit now but they are becoming a bit of an enigma, I would not trust another one with them.:(

Edited by AldoD

I've just cancelled my thomson cruise on majesty in June and on the Dream in January after my 2 week cruise on Celebration. Decided to book land based hotel holidays instead. The standards have just dropped so much since our first cruise 5 years ago on the Destiny. This time the food was not so good offer lukewarm thomson only seem interested in trying to get you to go in the Al a carte restaurants. The drinks were watered down and the house white wine was horrible. I am not a fussy person but for the money we paid it wasn't good value. The ports we went to were excellent and most of the staff were brilliant however this is not enough. Both myself and my husband were ill on our way home off the cruise- was a nasty cough and chest infection on board! I know this can be caught anywhere but reading the posts on here it was particularly bad on the ship and the air conditioning on all the time blowing germs around doesn't help[emoji40] so with regret I've cancelled

I've just cancelled my thomson cruise on majesty in June and on the Dream in January after my 2 week cruise on Celebration. Decided to book land based hotel holidays instead. The standards have just dropped so much since our first cruise 5 years ago on the Destiny. This time the food was not so good offer lukewarm thomson only seem interested in trying to get you to go in the Al a carte restaurants. The drinks were watered down and the house white wine was horrible. I am not a fussy person but for the money we paid it wasn't good value. The ports we went to were excellent and most of the staff were brilliant however this is not enough. Both myself and my husband were ill on our way home off the cruise- was a nasty cough and chest infection on board! I know this can be caught anywhere but reading the posts on here it was particularly bad on the ship and the air conditioning on all the time blowing germs around doesn't help[emoji40] so with regret I've cancelled

I do understand your reasons for cancelling and respect your decision. But I must say all ships and planes have air conditioning so I don't think this problem is restricted to Thomson. We've had lots of friends with persistent coughs and sore throats this winter and have been nowhere near a ship. Incidentally it was also prevalent on our cruise on Azura earlier this month so sadly I think this is a much wider problem than on the Celebration.

Came back this evening from the Majesty. I have to agree that the food was the worse I have ever encountered on any cruise. Have been on a out 20 cruises including 3 previous on Thomson. Buffet poor, limited choice. Main dining room VERY poor quality. Only saving grace was the ship was clean and our outside plus cabin was ok. Never again with Thomson.