POLL: Splendour of the Seas to become Thomson...

What to call Splendour of the Seas?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What to call Splendour of the Seas?

• Thomson Bliss
    • Thomson Dawn
    • Thomson Discovery
    • Thomson Explorer
    • Thomson Jubilation
    • Thomson Joy
    • Thomson Splendour
    • My Ship
    • Sensatori
    • Thomson Serenade
    • Thomson Breeze
    • Thomson Serenity

I've stuck with my original choice - Explorer as that is what a cruise represents to me.......exploring new places, exploring old ones - again to find something different and the excitement of new experiences.

I like Bliss too - but as with Dream I feel it sets itself up to 'deliver' something (your dreams, a state of bliss) which opens the door for people to knock the name if it fails to come up to possibly exacting or unreasonable expectations. Note the unfortunate tag the Dream is lumbered with when things go wrong! Am I over thinking? Possibly. :rolleyes:

At least Explorer will deliver on that front - Thomson itineraries are varied, imaginative and they do try to offer something new and exciting each year - and as we look to the future, who knows what options they may offer us to explore further afield. She hopes! ;)

I have said Splendour.

They will keep the name, it will reduce the number of initial sign-age changes.

Expect bits of sticky backed plastic covering "of the seas" for the first few cruises...... The crown and anchor will have TUi smile stickers on them too.

Where's Geosprout in the poll, Sailaway.... ;);):D

I have said Splendour.

They will keep the name, it will reduce the number of initial sign-age changes.

Expect bits of sticky backed plastic covering "of the seas" for the first few cruises...... The crown and anchor will have TUi smile stickers on them too.

Where's Geosprout in the poll, Sailaway.... ;);):D

I'm afraid geosprout and macaroni cheese didn't quite make the cut. :D

I'm afraid geosprout and macaroni cheese didn't quite make the cut. :D

drat!... i would have voted for macaroni cheese.... my macaroni cheese

i like the thomson miracle as well:p

i've gone with my earlier vote...... thomson bliss:cool:

I think It will be Splendour but from your list I actually like Thomson Serenity .

I just think they will stick to Splendour.

Whichever they chose it will be nice to try her out at some point.

Going with P&O this year so we'll be looking to see what's on offer with Thomson for 2016 :)

Edited by Dreamgirl1957

I think I probably agree that it most likely will be Splendour. Doesn't seem much point broadcasting an announcement if it is though.

I've gone for Serenity, same as last time. I'm a big Joss Whedan fan.;):)

I would like a theme if they really are getting a few new(er) ships. I like things ordered instead of a mish mash of unconnected names.

I chose Explorer because, like Krukseeka, I am worried that if they choose something like Splendour, Joy, Jubilation and the first cruise is like the first Dream cruise, Watchdog and the newspapers will have a field day with their headlines :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I like "Breeze". (Well, I actually like Geosprout but that choice was not there)

I think Sensatori would be too ambitious for Thomson - hate to say it but I don't think their Cruises will ever be of the same standard as the Sensatori Hotels.....think that would too ambitious for them.

you have me puzzled (I just don't get it!)

I voted for the Splendour, its best that they keep part of the name.

Noticed that "Breeze" was mentioned, and I remember Ocean breeze from Dolphin cruises. Oh what an ugly looking ship, one of the really old ones, but so so beautiful inside. Fantastic service, really fantastic food. Charming officers too.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn loves smiles

I think I probably agree that it most likely will be Splendour. Doesn't seem much point broadcasting an announcement if it is though.

I've gone for Serenity, same as last time. I'm a big Joss Whedan fan.;):)

I would like a theme if they really are getting a few new(er) ships. I like things ordered instead of a mish mash of unconnected names.

I do quite like a theme! I think Celebrity do it best with their more recent ships: Eclipse, Silhouette, Reflection etc.