2005 Alaska Cruise Question

hackwid

Does anyone know if major cruiselines have not released all their 2005 rates for Alaska cruises? If you search any major travel site -it will give less than a dozen hits - for all lines.

It seems like there are pages, pages of them for 2004. Are we just looking to early?

Plus the rates for those that are out there- just seem really high - compared to what they are this year?

Anyone have any knowledge about this?

Looking mainly @Royal Carribean or Princess

hackwid

since this is june and the alaska cruises start in may im sure all the trips are out now. do some net surfing, check these boards for good co's to use and you will get some really good prices in your price range. good luck.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hackwid:

Does anyone know if major cruiselines have not released all their 2005 rates for Alaska cruises? If you search any major travel site -it will give less than a dozen hits - for all lines.

It seems like there are pages, pages of them for 2004. Are we just looking to early?

Plus the rates for those that are out there- just seem really high - compared to what they are this year?

Anyone have any knowledge about this?

Looking mainly @Royal Carribean or Princess<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Hackwid, I am finding this too..We just did a 12 day Alaska out of SF with Celebrity for just a little over $2000 for 2..the cheapest rates that i can find for 2005 is $2,600...Also Princess has 10 days all season out of SF this year, but I can not find any for 2005..

I did some checking- appears RCL, Princess both have some itinearies - but not all.

Holland America has not done any yet.

No one could tell me an actual date - but a travel agent said to wait until the fall to book - which I believe is when we booked our 2004 Princess Alaska Cruise.

so I guess we just wait...

Depends what itineraries you are looking for. We were able to book a RCCL Radiance of the Sea, Vancouver-Vancouver for August 2005. However, for Princess, we still can't get any information on Seattle-Seattle for August 2005 (last we heard, June 4th would be rate release date).

Princess is supposed to have individual rates for Inside Passage Cruises out June 4 -- and hopefully group rates. There will be an "official" Cruise Critic group cruise to

Alaska in July 2005 (July 25 most likely) on the Diamond Princess and we'd love for you to join us if that fits your schedule... groups are great way to get some extra perks but you aren't locked into set activities etc. We will also have a pre-cruise package in Seattle for those wanting to spend some time in this lovely city and the surrounding area!

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">Join me on the beautiful Diamond Princess in July 2005 for Cruise Critic's Awesome Alaskan Adventure --You'll have a whale of a good time! icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

One can never have too many days at sea..</font>

I booked the Island Princess for August 2005 northbound and the rates are much higher than in previous years. I almost didn't book it based on the rates I got on travelocity, yahoo, etc., but I got a decent (not good, but decent) price by going later in August than originally planned and by using cruisequick.com which seems to have the lowest prices.

Good luck!

RCCI Legend of the Seas to Alaska 8/02

NCL Star to Hawaii 04/04

Next up:

Island Princess to Alaska 8/13/05

RCCL's pricing was released a couple of weeks ago. We are booked on the Serenade 08/07/05. Want to join us? We are starting a CC Group Cruise and hope to have all the pricing info soon. Drop me a note, natesfirewife@yahoo.com (put Alaska in the message box) and I will get all the info to you.

Misty

Roll Call for the Grandeur 12/18/04. Come join us in New Orleans for the Christmas Season!! http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=389105961&r=699105961#699105961

Serenade of the Seas / Alaska / 08-07-05

Grandeur of the Seas / W. Caribbean / 12-18-04

Vision of the Seas / Mexico / 04-04-04

Radiance of the Seas /Alaska /07-05-03

If you haven't decided between Royal Caribbean and Princess our group will be on Princess the last week in July! Princess just released rates and then the boss went on vacation.. there are some older posts on this group if you want to check out details. but we will be sailing from Seattle! Check out the Princess board here for itinerary and some other info. and feel freel to email me at carocruiser@aol.com if you have any questions..

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">Join me on the beautiful Diamond Princess in July 2005 for Cruise Critic's Awesome Alaskan Adventure --You'll have a whale of a good time! icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by Host Caroline on 06-12-04 at 03:53 PM.]

We've beem booked on the Summit (Celebrity) for July, 2005 for about a month now. We'll be booking some of our friends and their friends, any day now.

Judy

Summit, Alaska - 7/22/05 - countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2005;7;22;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Constellation, Southern Caribbean - 2/19/05 - countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2005;2;19;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Infinity, Alaska - 7/25/04 -countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;7;25;17;00;00&timezone=PMT-0545

2/21/04 - Constellation, Southern Caribbean - Another incredibly wonderful cruise

2/22/03 - Constellation (Just a wonderful, wonderful cruise)

2/22/99 - Mercury

Monarch of the Sea

It's always fun to have a group of friends along! Now the hard part is waiting. icon_smile.gif

Misty

Group Cruise Info for the Serenade - Alaska - 08/07/05 - Come and Join the fun!!. http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=877100712

Roll Call for the Grandeur 12/18/04. Come join us in New Orleans for the Christmas Season!! http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=389105961&r=699105961#699105961

Serenade of the Seas / Alaska / 08-07-05

Grandeur of the Seas / W. Caribbean / 12-18-04

Vision of the Seas / Mexico / 04-04-04

Radiance of the Seas /Alaska /07-05-03

Archived