Harmony My Time Dining Question

We booked our cruise on Harmony this morning for July 14. When I called this afternoon to change to traditional dining, both 5:30 and 8:00 aren't available. Questions:

1) They suggested I call back at the beginning of the month to see if anything has opened up (wait lists are full as well). Has anyone had success with doing this?

2) I've reserved My Time dining times...do you get seated close to that time?

Thanks,

Christie

Yes sometimes it opens up.

And yes you pretty much will be seated when you get there for you my time reservation. Ive never waited and we do my time almost exclusively now because its much easier to be able to stay later in port etc and not be back for your every single night 6pm traditional time.

Look in your cruise planner. I remember seeing 5:30 available for My Time Dining this past weekend (we are on this cruise). Nothing was available from 6:15 though 7:30 if I remember. Hope this helps.

We booked our cruise on Harmony this morning for July 14. When I called this afternoon to change to traditional dining, both 5:30 and 8:00 aren't available. Questions:

1) They suggested I call back at the beginning of the month to see if anything has opened up (wait lists are full as well). Has anyone had success with doing this?

2) I've reserved My Time dining times...do you get seated close to that time?

Thanks,

Christie

Sometimes traditional dining does open back up. You will have to check back a few times between now and then, also when you get on the ship, go and try to get it switched.

I have always successfully managed to get us switched to traditional in the past, but didn't bother to go through the "nonsense" when we got stuck with MyTime during our most recent cruise last summer. I instead went into the cruise planner and reserved every single damn night for 8.00pm. It was okay, but it wasn't the experience I have always enjoyed from traditional dining.

I made sure to get us back on traditional for our next cruise.

Look in your cruise planner. I remember seeing 5:30 available for My Time Dining this past weekend (we are on this cruise). Nothing was available from 6:15 though 7:30 if I remember. Hope this helps.

They block about 1 1/2 hours from pre-booking. from 6:45 until 8 or so. You can book those times on the ship. They don't want people pre-booking the popular times.

OP wants to go back to traditional..

Yes sometimes it opens up.

And yes you pretty much will be seated when you get there for you my time reservation. Ive never waited and we do my time almost exclusively now because its much easier to be able to stay later in port etc and not be back for your every single night 6pm traditional time.

Thank you, that will make my boys happy!

Sometimes traditional dining does open back up. You will have to check back a few times between now and then, also when you get on the ship, go and try to get it switched.

I have always successfully managed to get us switched to traditional in the past, but didn't bother to go through the "nonsense" when we got stuck with MyTime during our most recent cruise last summer. I instead went into the cruise planner and reserved every single damn night for 8.00pm. It was okay, but it wasn't the experience I have always enjoyed from traditional dining.

I made sure to get us back on traditional for our next cruise.

Thank you! I have reserved the My Time dining, but we would prefer traditional. This is only our second cruise and last year we really enjoyed having the same wait staff for the week and getting to know them. Fingers crossed!

They block about 1 1/2 hours from pre-booking. from 6:45 until 8 or so. You can book those times on the ship. They don't want people pre-booking the popular times.

I don’t think they are blocked as such. All Mytime dining slots only have some availability initially loaded onto the planner. We have always booked 7.30 online for our Anthem, Indy, Oasis and Symphony cruises. I think it’s just that those 1 1/2 hours are popular and get booked up quickly whereas the earlier and later times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk