Holiday Inn Southampton

LHT28

Any recent stays at HI on Herbert Walker Ave?

Is there any shops, restaurants close by ?

we were looking at the Premier Inn West Quay for next spring but I read there is construction around the hotel again

We will be staying 3 nts after our cruise so want something convenient to restaurants etc...

I am not great at long walks

We stayed there last summer and liked it. There's a major shopping center with tons of restaurants across from it. Maybe a 15-20 minute walk, only because of the odd route you have to take, but it's an easy walk. We went over there twice during the evening when we were there last year. Well once in the late afternoon, our son stayed behind. Then we all went over from some quick food. We grabbed something cheap, but there were a lot of places.

KCtwinmommy, can you please explain the "odd route" to get to the Westquay shopping center from Holiday Inn? I am considering that hotel for next summer and we would want to walk over to WQ which I thought was across the street. I like to get an idea of what would be involved :-)

Any recent stays at HI on Herbert Walker Ave?

Is there any shops, restaurants close by ?

we were looking at the Premier Inn West Quay for next spring but I read there is construction around the hotel again

We will be staying 3 nts after our cruise so want something convenient to restaurants etc...

I am not great at long walks

Another hotel is due to open in Spring next year just behind the Premier Inn so the construction work will be pretty much completed when you're there

Sorry, my mistake. I was thinking when we walked to the car rental off the cruise ship. It was super close, but you had to walk all the way around to get to it. Sorry about that. But yes, the maps shows you exactly what it looks like. And I guess "odd" was the wrong choice of words anyway. Just that what looked like an easy walk for us to get to the car rental turned out to not be. And it wasn't marked really well.

So yes, getting to the shopping center is easier.

Another hotel is due to open in Spring next year just behind the Premier Inn so the construction work will be pretty much completed when you're there

Thanks for that info

I am thinking the HI might have a better bed layout for our needs

I still have time to change my mind AGAIN :halo:

I am currently staying at the Premier Inn which is directly opposite West Quay shopping centre. The construction site you mentioned is behind the hotel, and absolutely no noise at night. As mentioned earlier, it should be finished by the time you are here.

The other thing I would mention is I can see the Holiday Inn from my window and can't see any shops/restaurants near to it, so think you would be better off at the Premier Inn if you don't want to do the longer walk to West Quay over 3 days. It's the second time I've stayed here and it's spotlessly clean.

I am currently staying at the Premier Inn which is directly opposite West Quay shopping centre. The construction site you mentioned is behind the hotel, and absolutely no noise at night. As mentioned earlier, it should be finished by the time you are here.

The other thing I would mention is I can see the Holiday Inn from my window and can't see any shops/restaurants near to it, so think you would be better off at the Premier Inn if you don't want to do the longer walk to West Quay over 3 days. It's the second time I've stayed here and it's spotlessly clean.

Thanks for the update

do you know if P.I has 2 beds in the rooms or just one & a sofa bed ?

Cannot seem to find an email addy for them to ask

We will probably be out & about most of the day

The room we are in has 1 double bed and 1 single bed. I think it is called a triple, although we only booked and paid for a twin room, they allocated us this one. The single bed is a proper bed not a sofa bed.

The other time we stayed here was in January when the building work was starting and it never bothered us during the morning when they started work

The room we are in has 1 double bed and 1 single bed. I think it is called a triple, although we only booked and paid for a twin room, they allocated us this one. The single bed is a proper bed not a sofa bed.

The other time we stayed here was in January when the building work was starting and it never bothered us during the morning when they started work

Thanks for the info

We stayed at the Holiday Inn last fall pre-cruise and had a great stay. It is only a 5 minute walk to the WQ shopping center, if that. The only difficulty in the walk is remembering which side of the street to look for oncoming cars. Plenty of shops and restaurants. We were there for supper as well as breakfast the next day. Also, it is a easy 5 minute walk to the ship from the HI.

Enjoy your trip.