Excursion Pricing

Lyndihop

I’ve been doing a little looking at available excursions for an upcoming cruise. I believe that there’s an error in pricing on HAL site. (In the passenger favor). If I book it, do you believe they will honor after the error is discovered??

I’ve been doing a little looking at available excursions for an upcoming cruise. I believe that there’s an error in pricing on HAL site. (In the passenger favor). If I book it, do you believe they will honor after the error is discovered??

You can book it but don't be surprised if you will eventually get an email telling you the price is in error. Happened to us and it took 2 months to get the email. They said the price would be adjusted upwards once on the cruise in May. I cancelled the tour and got my refund.

On the HAL website, the "fine print" clearly says that HAL is not responsible for errors and omissions. Meaning that if the person who is writing code for their website screws up and misses a zero or bombs the price, then HAL has the option to correct that error and charge you the difference, refund your money, or do nothing. There was a thread on here recently where a person saw a HAL all-day shore excursion for $9.95. He immediately know that it was a typo, but he booked it anyway. The website accepted his purchase and provided him a receipt. Only months later, but before the cruise, did a live person at HAL catch the error. They contacted the person and said there's no way they will operate this tour for $9.95, it should have been $99.95. The guy who booked it was not happy, and felt that HAL should have honored the error. HAL pulled out their "errors and omissions" wiggle clause and said NO WAY.

This exact scenario happened to one of our roll call members. The price was wrong on the HAL website.

She received an email 2 months later telling her the price was wrong and she would have to pay x price or could cancel the tour.

She actually posted a thread here on the HAL board at the time to alert others.