Booking tour before having enough people?

Cruising experts,we want to book a private tour of Normandy. We have 4 people but need 8. No one has asked to join our group as most have made their plans already. Our cruise leaves June 30. Do we book it and take the chance of finding someone on board to join us, wait another week or go for the public tour?

Thanks for the help.

Cruising experts,we want to book a private tour of Normandy. We have 4 people but need 8. No one has asked to join our group as most have made their plans already. Our cruise leaves June 30. Do we book it and take the chance of finding someone on board to join us, wait another week or go for the public tour?

Thanks for the help.

I would be concerned at the luck you might have trying to get enough once onboard...Wait as long as you can then make your decision. Best of luck.

Will they only do the tour if you have 8 people?

could you do less but each person will just pay more ?

I would wait a bit longer if you can

hopefully the tour guise does not charge cancellation fees if you have to cancel

I would say it depends on what you can afford. If you can pay the basic price without anyone else, even if it is on the high side, then it's worth doing for a tour you really want to do. I've managed to pick up a few people at the last minute - there are always some who book the cruise late or book their excursions on board - including one person the night before. But you can't guarantee that. This is assuming they'll run the tour with just four people.

I would say it depends on what you can afford. If you can pay the basic price without anyone else, even if it is on the high side, then it's worth doing for a tour you really want to do. I've managed to pick up a few people at the last minute - there are always some who book the cruise late or book their excursions on board - including one person the night before. But you can't guarantee that. This is assuming they'll run the tour with just four people.

I agree! As long as they'll run it for you guys, assuming you'll have to still pay for the 8 people, then I would do it. It's so worth the private tour over the massive large group, IMO.

It's like our wedding to be honest. My husband doesn't like sitting 10 people/table at big events, he feels it's so crowded. So he wanted only 8 people at the tables. We paid the guaranteed amount for the larger room, so we could have the higher amount of tables to spread people out. It cost us an extra $1,000 probably, but he didn't care. So we paid for X amount of people, knowing we weren't even inviting that many.

So, if you can eat the extra costs you may have to eat by paying for 8 people when there's only 4, you may find it's worth it.

I agree! As long as they'll run it for you guys, assuming you'll have to still pay for the 8 people, then I would do it. It's so worth the private tour over the massive large group, IMO.

It's like our wedding to be honest. My husband doesn't like sitting 10 people/table at big events, he feels it's so crowded. So he wanted only 8 people at the tables. We paid the guaranteed amount for the larger room, so we could have the higher amount of tables to spread people out. It cost us an extra $1,000 probably, but he didn't care. So we paid for X amount of people, knowing we weren't even inviting that many.

So, if you can eat the extra costs you may have to eat by paying for 8 people when there's only 4, you may find it's worth it.

I would go ahead and book it and then post it on your roll call that you would like four more people and that way you will know the exact cost and can give them this information. I just did this myself we are going on the July 12th sailing. I was very nervous about it but was able to get two other couples besides the four we originally are. I sent them by email what I paid they saw the invoice from Overlord and both couples mailed me a check to go ahead and pay for their way so I was not out the money very long which I thought was very nice. I have kept in contact though all along with both couples here and there just so they know that we are definitely going. I was a little nervous on them not paying me and I'm sure they were nervous to send me the money but it worked out and we are all 8 looking forward to a wonderful time.

the important thing is to secure the guide

we have had luck onboard getting extra people for a couple of tours

since we do open dining & share tables some nights we just ask what others are doing in that port

If they have no plans then we say we have space on our tour if interested

It has worked out for us

Thanks for the help.

We are on a Princess Cruise that leaves June 30, Le Havre port on July 11th and are interested in a tour of Normandy. Only 2 of us. What are your current plans?

We are on a Princess Cruise that leaves June 30, Le Havre port on July 11th and are interested in a tour of Normandy. Only 2 of us. What are your current plans?

I would probably go ahead and put this on your roll call also just to make sure they see it. hope it works out and you all are able to go :)

The OP correctly posted on the shio’s roll call for their cruise excursion. Suggest you check in that forum to see what the current status is on those plans. I checked and it looks like they’ve made progress.

If you click on the OP’s name it should offer you an option to see their other posts. There you will see a summary of their recent posts on the Princess Roll Call forum.

Hope this helps, good luck! :)