Please post cavetubing photos/videos

funinthesun1964

Cavetubing in Belize was one of our favorite excursions ever!

2323232327Ffp43Enu3D32573E9353E23A43EWSNRCG3D3232953C3B3C53C96nu0mrj.jpg

2323232327Ffp583Dot3E23483D3A263D3953DXROQDF3E2323863B3C3B9564ot1lsi.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend it :D

Thanks, I don't think anyone can talk me out of it at this point. I think it would be great. DH is afraid of snakes :D He thinks there will be poisonous snakes just waiting to get us! I have to keep reassuring him that we will be fine..... and we will have lots of fun :)

We didn't see ANY snakes when we went with .BZ

I am at work, so I can't post pics- but we ALL loved it!!!!

.BZ is who I emailed to find out if they had availability. Some friends are going with us so there will be four.

I would love to see your pictures though, maybe later you could post them? How long were you gone for this excursion? Did they get you back to the ship in plenty of time? Did you have to wait long for a tender back to the ship?

Definitly wear old tennies. DO NOT WEAR WATER SHOES. You will be crossing a few rock riverbeds. I made the mistake of wearing the water shoes and you could feel every rock and pebble. Also watch out for tree stumps and roots along the path.

Used Viv and they have Excellent tubes. Best part is they attach the tubes to each other instead of having to have your feet in someone's armpits and vice-versa. Also they have headrests. You will see the benefit of that during the tubing process. Loved tubing. Hated getting out of the tube. (Not an easy task for an old fat woman. LOL)

We went with .bz and they were WONDERFUL. Excellent choice and we had a wonderful time.

Here's a link to my full review with pictures and there is a link at the bottom of it to additional pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30667696&postcount=44

Yes I saw the review, I have booked with .bz and cannot wait to go!

I'm thinking about wearing Crocs (the cheap Wal Mart kind, not the name brand) instead of water shoes or tennis shoes. Anyone have any thoughts about why this may or may not be a good idea. Also wondering how wet your clothes get. Should you bring towels and leave them at the van for when you return? What about a small waist pouch with your money and keys in a zip-lock bag? Also, are we suppose to keep our passports with us at all times? Our trip is getting closer and I'm thinking of all these questions and getting a little nervous. :confused: Thanks for any help. By the way, mitsugirly, your report and pictures are a great source of information. Thank you.

I'm thinking about wearing Crocs (the cheap Wal Mart kind, not the name brand) instead of water shoes or tennis shoes. Anyone have any thoughts about why this may or may not be a good idea. Also wondering how wet your clothes get. Should you bring towels and leave them at the van for when you return? What about a small waist pouch with your money and keys in a zip-lock bag? Also, are we suppose to keep our passports with us at all times? Our trip is getting closer and I'm thinking of all these questions and getting a little nervous. :confused: Thanks for any help. By the way, mitsugirly, your report and pictures are a great source of information. Thank you.

You are very welcome. I know it helps me to have a review with pictures when I'm searching for things to do and know what to expect.

I think Crocs would work just fine. We used water shoes, so they probably stay wetter longer than any crocs would. There is a place there that you can change your clothes if you wanted to. You could also bring towels and stuff to leave in the van. No worries, the vans are locked and always someone around. I did have a wet/dry pack that I wore around my waist for all the water activities we do (beach, snorkeling, pool, just in port, cavetubing and so on). I only bring the exact money needed, ship card, and ID to any port. Do not bring your passport. If you was to loose it, wow. These things are worth big $$ to people, especially people in 3rd world countries. It's always advised to leave things like that secured in your safe in your ship room. If anything was to happen, the ship can get your card for you for the port authorities.

Thanks for letting me know this about the passports. I guess I assumed you had to have them with you at all times in case you had an accident or something. I'll also look into the wet/dry pack you mentioned? Do you remember where you got yours?

LOL, I keep having so many questions go through my mind, too. I have a camera that I would like to take, but it is not waterproof. Do you think if I just brought a ziplock bag, that would be ok? I guess I'm just afraid of dropping it in the water when I would attempt to take pictures, I'm doppy that way.

Will we need money when we are doing the actual hike/cavetubing, or can we wait to pay when we get back to the van, or do you pay first?

Thinking I just may wear my swimsuit under a knit pullover-type dress. Still not sure about the shoes either -I've heard that the water shoes are not thick enough on the soles to wear over the rocks and such.

You are very welcome. I know it helps me to have a review with pictures when I'm searching for things to do and know what to expect.

I think Crocs would work just fine. We used water shoes, so they probably stay wetter longer than any crocs would. There is a place there that you can change your clothes if you wanted to. You could also bring towels and stuff to leave in the van. No worries, the vans are locked and always someone around. I did have a wet/dry pack that I wore around my waist for all the water activities we do (beach, snorkeling, pool, just in port, cavetubing and so on). I only bring the exact money needed, ship card, and ID to any port. Do not bring your passport. If you was to loose it, wow. These things are worth big $$ to people, especially people in 3rd world countries. It's always advised to leave things like that secured in your safe in your ship room. If anything was to happen, the ship can get your card for you for the port authorities.

I strongly recommend against trying to wear Crocs. We live on a lake and I wear my Crocs in the water all the time but for cave tubing I wore a sturdy pair of Keen watershoes and was glad that I did. The path is rocky and I would worry about turning an ankle on the walk plus the river crossing was very rocky and the current fairly strong. You are going to have trouble keeping your Crocs on your feet. Either wear an old pair of sneakers that you can toss out at the end or get yourself a good pair of water shoes.

My family of 21 just went on Christmas Day(7 kids and the rest adults)...think pretty much everyone just wore water shoes and were fine on the walk. I wore a tshirt in the van over my suit, and once we got there put on my life vest over my suit. That is what we all did.

We went with VIV, nice guys. We were done and back to the ship by probably 3. It was fun!

I am considering going cavetubing and would like to see photos! Sounds like fun!

We went Cave Tubing with Cave Tubing R Us. I have written a detailed review of our cave tubing experience and posted lots of photos to go along with it.

To see my Cave Tubing photos, click on the link to my review below and scroll through posts #88-#93:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1704270&page=5

I enjoyed your post. We are going soon. How much time are you in total darkness? I'm claustrophobic.

I do not remember exactly how long we were in total darkness (where we couldn't see natural light)--I did not pay much attention to that--but I know we were never "in the dark" for long. With everyone's helmet lights illuminating the way, things were never totally black. Altogether we were in the caves for roughly 35 minutes and between the helmet lights and the natural light coming from the entrance, the sinkhole and the exit, I do not recall total darkness being much of an issue at all.

We went Cave Tubing with Cave Tubing R Us. I have written a detailed review of our cave tubing experience and posted lots of photos to go along with it.

To see my Cave Tubing photos, click on the link to my review below and scroll through posts #88-#93:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1704270&page=5

Thank you very much! I enjoyed seeing your photos. Even though we are using a different company, I'm sure it will be much the same. I am so excited to go! Can't wait!

Thanks again for sharing :)

• 1 month later...

About 4 posts back, I posted a link to our cave tubing review with photos. Now I have finally put together a YouTube video of our cave tubing adventure. You can see lots more photos and video clips in here!

With our guide and helmet light to illuminate the way, we floated for 35 minutes through "Xibalba" and the ancient Mayan Caves on the Sibun River. Once we excited the cave we were able to swim in the river and jump off a rock into the water below. Join us on our Cave Tubing Adventure with Cave Tubing R Us!

(Length: 7:40)

Archived