What exactly is an Aurea Suite?

EeyoreFan1967

Aurea suites differ in size and facilities, depending on the ship you sail. However, they all come with Aurea benefits (as do Aurea balcony cabins).

YC1 cabins generally aren't much bigger than Fantastica or Aurea ones, but the fittings and bedlinens are of a better quality. Plus, of course, you get to enjoy the private lounge, deck area and restaurant, as well as all the other fantastic benefits that being in YC bring.

The following link explains the benefits you get with Bella, Fantastica, Aurea and YC:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Cruise-Deals/Our-Fares.aspx

... and this one gives you the information on the range of cabins, and which "Experiences" are available in each:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Discover-MSC/On-Board/Cabins-Suites.aspx

Aurea suites differ in size and facilities, depending on the ship you sail. However, they all come with Aurea benefits (as do Aurea balcony cabins).

YC1 cabins generally aren't much bigger than Fantastica or Aurea ones, but the fittings and bedlinens are of a better quality. Plus, of course, you get to enjoy the private lounge, deck area and restaurant, as well as all the other fantastic benefits that being in YC bring.

The following link explains the benefits you get with Bella, Fantastica, Aurea and YC:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Cruise-Deals/Our-Fares.aspx

... and this one gives you the information on the range of cabins, and which "Experiences" are available in each:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Discover-MSC/On-Board/Cabins-Suites.aspx

Thank you for this! Very helpful!

Can you please explain aurea suite to me, and also how does this compare to Yacht Club Suite?

Thanks!

There are front Aurea suites overlooking the bow of the ship and they are two room corner suites with a master bedroom and separate living room. The corner suites are the largest and are very well appointed...especially the bathroom. Those front corner suites on the Fantasia Class ships on decks 9-10-11 do not have accessible balconies.

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE

'Aurea Suite' I have come to learn encompasses a vast range of cabins, only some of which purists could describe as a proper suite - i.e. separate living/seating area to the bedroom.

On Saturday I am sailing in an S3 Suite on Orchestra out of Barcelona. I'll update this thread with my take on the cabin, and I plan on doing a full review of the trip as well.

The S3 on Orchestra follows the same layout as a standard balcony cabin, the only difference I can see is it's larger (room, bathroom & balcony) - and possibly fractionally wider going by the deck plans.

The Aurea Suites on the Fantasia class ships do look superior to the Aurea suite I'll be travelling in, for a similar price point. I would have preferred a Fantasia class ship sailing this route.

That said, I probably would have went with the YC on a Fanatasia class ship so I wouldn't be experiencing the Aurea class suite.

I think other lines would describe the S3 on the Musica class as being a 'mini suite.'

I find the virtual 360 degree tours available on MSC's website, for each ship, to be very good and you can get a sense of the differences between the cabins there at a glance.

You can also download the MSC360VR app - it's like using your camera, where you turn around to get the 360º effect.

CJ ..... I'll be interested in reading your report about your experience onboard.

Didn't know about the app, thanks.

Yes - hope it was better than you found yours!

We sail on Orchestra in a few months, look forward to reading your reviews. Hope things are better than when Bea sailed at Christmas.

I'm sure there will be many factors absent that contributed to our experience, CF. The crew, entertainment, etc will have changed and, hopefully, there'll be better galley crew and chefs, not to mention the fact that the weather will have much improved than when we sailed. The ship felt very crowded a lot of time on our sailing as the outdoor areas were unusable - that can impact greatly. Plus, we didn't get off at many of our POCs both due to the weather and, latterly, due to me falling ill.

Hopefully others who are sailing Orchestra this year will have a much more enjoyable cruise than we did.