Canada/New England cruise in May?

yerdua

Yes, we were under a tornado alert yesterday, but live a few miles south of Gatineau. Our daughter lives in Gatineau and spent time yesterday in the basement with her children when the tornado passed very close by, but with no damage to her house. Fortunately, there were a number of injuries but no deaths reported as a result of yesterday's tornado.

Oh thank goodness she and the babies and you are okay. So scary.

We will be doing this cruise again next September 15th to celebrate a special anniversary. I expect the weather to be cooler than where I live, but we will be traveling from Quebec to NY so I imagine it will get warmer on the way down. Hopefully, we won't hit a hurricane. Two years ago in Florida we spent several hours twice in the bathroom as tornadoes went very close by us. it's very scary.

As a former Haligonian who returns frequently and who has watched the development of the boardwalk and surrounding area over many years, I can assure you that you've no need to worry. You can still walk along the entire length of the boardwalk, from the cruise terminal to Purdy's Wharf. Changes have been made over the years, but they've done an excellent job of retaining the atmosphere of the original boardwalk. Take a look on Google Maps, and if you know how to use Street View, you can "go for a walk" along the entire boardwalk to see what it looks like now.

Thank you. your post makes me feel better as I always enjoyed walking the length of the board walk, peeking into the shops along the way and stopping for a wonderful lunch. The report I heard is they built 6-7 story apartment -condo buildings providing ocean views to them and changing the whole feel of the boardwalk. That saddened me. :(