Drink cards

mountainmare

My friend just returned from her first HAL cruise and had been gifted a drink card (15 drinks per day) by her travel agent. She said it was sort of silly because no one could ever drink that much. I asked if she had used it for coffee or other drinks and she said it was only for alcohol so she couldn't use it for anything else. Is that true?

I dont think this is true. There are 3 packages: Quench (unlimited non-alcoholic drinks per day per person), Signature (15 drinks priced $9 or under, alcoholic and non-alcoholic per person per day), Elite (15 drinks priced $15 or under, alcoholic and non-alcoholic per person per day). Excluding in-room dining, minibar, Chocolate Seduction, Free-style Coca Cola, Self service Draft beer, and Half Moon Cay. Honered at every Bar, Lounge, Cafe, Dining Room and Fine dining restaurants on the ship.

My friend just returned from her first HAL cruise and had been gifted a drink card (15 drinks per day) by her travel agent. She said it was sort of silly because no one could ever drink that much. I asked if she had used it for coffee or other drinks and she said it was only for alcohol so she couldn't use it for anything else. Is that true?

sounds like your friend got the SPB package. Nice gift :)

She can use it for any drink she wants as long as it is under $9. If she's been gifted the Elite package (I suspect not), it's any drink under $15.

HAL has included this on cruises right now, so I suspect it is HAL's deal your friend is getting, but I could be wrong of course. ;)

In any case she can use it for anything from specialty coffees, soft drinks, mocktails, alcoholic drinks, whatever :)

Her TA is in error.

Getting the Signature Beverage Card from a TA is a great gift. But her TA told her wrong.

Your friend should have asked a bar staff and would have been told that it could be used for just about anything $9 or under. Besides what was mentioned above, it can't be used to buy bottles of wine or at Happy Hour.

I just wanted to clarify, because I see people posting this regularly.

Yes, you CAN use the SBP at happy hour. You just don't get any special pricing. Each drink you order during happy hour count the same against your daily limit.

I purchase the SBP every cruise and use the package during happy hour. There's a good crowd during happy hour and I like the hors d'ouevres.