Are reservations needed for Jacqui O's?

WDW Princess 71

I have seen Jacqui O's recommended often on here and it looks great. However, I messaged them on Facebook a week ago and haven't heard back yet. I was inquiring to find out if reservations were needed in advance if coming on a cruise in order to have one of those big sun chair/small round couch looking things on the beach for the day. For those who have gone did you just show up that day or did you call or contact them some other way in advance?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi there! I'm curious as well! From what I've read on Trip Advisor and here, it does sound like a reservation is highly recommended. I'm guessing maybe with the holidays that's the reason for the slow response time. Let me know what you hear! My husband and I want to go for sure and have shared the info with the rest of our family who are traveling with us but we definitely want to go there for the day.

I have seen Jacqui O's recommended often on here and it looks great. However, I messaged them on Facebook a week ago and haven't heard back yet. I was inquiring to find out if reservations were needed in advance if coming on a cruise in order to have one of those big sun chair/small round couch looking things on the beach for the day. For those who have gone did you just show up that day or did you call or contact them some other way in advance?

Best to book lunch/day in advance. This their busy period. No need to have a concern, Lance will reply when free.

JO's is not a sunbed only place.

Thank you for the reassurance. What do you mean by it is "not a sunbed only place"? We want to enjoy food/drinks and also get to spend time on the beach and have a reserved spot for the day. We didn't want to be limited to only staying for a couple hours while eating, we want a place to make a day of it.

Thank you for the reassurance. What do you mean by it is "not a sunbed only place"? We want to enjoy food/drinks and also get to spend time on the beach and have a reserved spot for the day. We didn't want to be limited to only staying for a couple hours while eating, we want a place to make a day of it.

Sorry, my apologies for any offence. Statement was inserted for the benefit of the Cruise Herds. Do not forget to sign the visitors book.

You will have a wonderful day. :)

No offense taken at all. I just wanted to make sure I understood and wasn't missing something. I was under the impression that JO's was a lovely beach with high quality restaurant where we could spend the day so I just wanted to make sure my understanding was right and that it wasn't something we could only do for 2 hours.

Yes! My hubby really wanted to take me there for lunch but didn't know our exact timing in order to pre-reserve. Unfortunately, despite getting there super early at 10:30, they were sold out until late afternoon when we would be sailing away.

Sad you missed a JO lunch.

FYI There are two sittings, 12.00 and 14.00. In future book in advance, having the option to telephone to cancel. Lance will understand, as there are locals who will be happy to take your booking. :)

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Port Royal, can you please clarify your message about the 2 seatings? We would want to get there as soon as they are open in the morning to relax on the beach. Is it open earlier than 12? We don't mind if we eat later, just want to have time on the beach for the day. Would we be able to reserve the beach large chairs for morning use, keep our stuff there while eating lunch at our seating time, then return to our chairs to relax some more in the afternoon? Is the dress code for lunch casual, meaning we can just put cover up attire on top of our bathing suits and sandals?

Port Royal, can you please clarify your message about the 2 seatings? We would want to get there as soon as they are open in the morning to relax on the beach. Is it open earlier than 12? We don't mind if we eat later, just want to have time on the beach for the day. Would we be able to reserve the beach large chairs for morning use, keep our stuff there while eating lunch at our seating time, then return to our chairs to relax some more in the afternoon? Is the dress code for lunch casual, meaning we can just put cover up attire on top of our bathing suits and sandals?

No problem.

Lance opens up around 9.30/10.00

You select your chair and the team will position it exactly where you wish. Drinks are served at your bed. The chair is your's for the day.

JO closes "late" in the evening.

Dress code is whatever you wish, with a coverup expected over swimwear while dining.

You will have a wonderful day. Great service, food, cocktails and drinks.

In addition, you will meet some very nice (old school genteel) people. Plus, who knows what "known" people may be your companions for the day, who then go on become new friends for life. There is no pomposity, or snobbishness.

Welcome to the Club:)

Remember to sign the visitors book.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Thank you Port Royal! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. It sounds like it will be a lovely day for us. I am going to try reaching Lance at the email address listed on their Facebook page, since it has been about 10 days since I sent a Facebook message and still haven't heard back. It looks like he has active posts on their Facebook wall, so I think my message may have just slipped through the cracks (I know I'm guilty of forgetting about FB messages myself sometimes) so I'm going to try email.

About how far is Jacqui O's from the port? We get in at 7:30 am, so I figure we can have a nice breakfast and then head over but I want to make sure I allow enough time to get a cab and make the ride over there by the time they open so we can maximize our day. We are only a party of 2; do you know if they will make us wait to fill up a cab with more people? Thanks for your continued advice!

Thank you Port Royal! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. It sounds like it will be a lovely day for us. I am going to try reaching Lance at the email address listed on their Facebook page, since it has been about 10 days since I sent a Facebook message and still haven't heard back. It looks like he has active posts on their Facebook wall, so I think my message may have just slipped through the cracks (I know I'm guilty of forgetting about FB messages myself sometimes) so I'm going to try email.

About how far is Jacqui O's from the port? We get in at 7:30 am, so I figure we can have a nice breakfast and then head over but I want to make sure I allow enough time to get a cab and make the ride over there by the time they open so we can maximize our day. We are only a party of 2; do you know if they will make us wait to fill up a cab with more people? Thanks for your continued advice!

Happy to assist.

The ride from port to JO is about 20/25 minutes. There are two methods: A shared taxi (wait/load for 10/12 pax) to Turners Beach, where the driver will drop you off en route. The cost is $8.00 pp. The wait to fill a taxi will be approximately 15 minutes. A private taxi $25/30 ew.

As you are booked, you might as well just take the shared taxi there and a private back.

No worry about a return taxi, as Lance will call one for you when ready to leave.

Welcome to the Club. :)

Port Royal, do you know if it is normal for it to take a few weeks for Lance to respond to email inquiries for reservations? It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I first messaged him, and I sent a 2nd email last week and still no reply. I'm just wondering because he has posted a few things on Facebook in the past 2 weeks and he also replied to a number of Trip Advisor reviews on 1/7, so it appears he is actively online, so I'm just not sure why I haven't heard back. Is calling the better way to go, or should I give it more time?

Port Royal, do you know if it is normal for it to take a few weeks for Lance to respond to email inquiries for reservations? It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I first messaged him, and I sent a 2nd email last week and still no reply. I'm just wondering because he has posted a few things on Facebook in the past 2 weeks and he also replied to a number of Trip Advisor reviews on 1/7, so it appears he is actively online, so I'm just not sure why I haven't heard back. Is calling the better way to go, or should I give it more time?

This is very strange. Lance and Jacqui are usually so professional, and look to deliver exceptional service. Totally out of carractor. Best give then a call, as there may be a problem on their side that Lance is not aware of. A call will also end your legitimate concerns.

There will be no problem with your booking :)

Hi Port Royal. Thanks for the advice. I tried calling last night (knowing they were closed, just hoping to leave a voicemail) but it was no answer. Interestingly though Lance texted me at 7:00am ET this morning saying hello and that he missed my call last night. I texted back and said no problem, that I was just trying to follow up and see if he had gotten the emails I sent over the past 2 weeks asking about an April reservation. He replied and said "can you follow up in late March. Very busy right now". I thought that was a little odd, not sure why he could respond by text super early in the morning but couldn't just respond to confirm a reservation. Is this normal in your experience? If I follow up in late March a month before my cruise do you think we will be able to get a reservation only 4 weeks in advance? I'm just such a planner but maybe I'm worrying for nothing. All of my port plans for the rest of the cruise are all confirmed and locked in.

Hi Port Royal. Thanks for the advice. I tried calling last night (knowing they were closed, just hoping to leave a voicemail) but it was no answer. Interestingly though Lance texted me at 7:00am ET this morning saying hello and that he missed my call last night. I texted back and said no problem, that I was just trying to follow up and see if he had gotten the emails I sent over the past 2 weeks asking about an April reservation. He replied and said "can you follow up in late March. Very busy right now". I thought that was a little odd, not sure why he could respond by text super early in the morning but couldn't just respond to confirm a reservation. Is this normal in your experience? If I follow up in late March a month before my cruise do you think we will be able to get a reservation only 4 weeks in advance? I'm just such a planner but maybe I'm worrying for nothing. All of my port plans for the rest of the cruise are all confirmed and locked in.

There is no problem. Knowing Lance, what he is trying to say is your booking is noted, and just firm it up last week of March. :)

Consider everything firm, and stop worrying. Relax - This is JO's ;)

Send him "thank you" text for acknowledging your firm booking, and as requested, for sake of good order, you will confirm same again in mid March.

Adding "Looking forward etc etc........."

Enjoy.

I'm confused...I thought the sun beds at Jaqcui O's was complimentary with lunch? Now I'm reading there is a charge for them.

Can someone spell it out for me?

Can you just rent chairs without lunch? How much $?

Is there any other places to rent chairs on Love Beach?

Good Morning

I sent Lance an email and a FB message on Thursday (1/5) and received confirmation back both via FB message and email the next morning that we're confirmed for a party of 8 on April 28th. He told us we have chairs available on the beach beginning at 1030 and lunch reservation at 1230.

Just wanted to pass along since the times differ a bit from what was mentioned as the two seating times. I knew it would be difficult to secure space for 8 so that may be why he went ahead and confirmed our larger group.

I plan to get to Jacqui O's at 1000 that morning to make sure that we get a good spot! I replied to Lance via email and FB message that we're looking forward to it and I plan to confirm a week prior to our cruise.

Good Morning VirginiaCruiser. Thank you for sharing this information. I'm actually disappointed to hear this as I am going to be in Antigua the same day 4/28 so that frustrates me to see that he will confirm a larger party this far out but because we are only 2, we have to wait until late March to "follow up" with Lance. It makes me feel like he wants to book larger parties first and then we have to hope we can squeeze in if there are any beds left by late March only a few weeks before our trip. The whole point of reserving early on is to be sure our day is secure. Especially since our time in port is shorter- our ship leaves at 4:45- so we can only do the early seating. I'm really torn with this. As I mentioned all of my other ports have no problem confirming our bookings a few months out so I don't know why this is so hard.

hi! I suspected we might be on the same cruise with your mention of late April. Not sure how to PM you...do you know how that works on here?? Would love to hear about your other plans for our ports of call. I can post my email address if that's easier!

Maybe wait another two weeks or so and then try reaching out to him again? You may have just caught him on a particularly busy day when he told you to try back in March and perhaps in another two weeks he'll be less busy and would be able to offer you a more firm confirmation.

VirginiaCruiser, can you email me at nicolecraigslist16@gmail.com? I use this email as my anonymous one when I post stuff for sale on Craigslist so I don't have to publicly share my real email. Then I can reply to you with my real email privately. I think we are on the same cruise!