Library on Noordam

greenlaker

There are some library books on the Noordam but personally I would take some of my own, or alternatively some kind of e-reader. We were on the Noordam in January. If you're doing 38 days (Pacific crossing?) it's a long time without good books if you like reading.

I believe the Noordam still has the larger dedicated library on the lower decks, and has not moved it up to the CrowsNest and basically done away with any general reading inventory as we are now finding on the other sister Vista ships.

There is no longer a librarian onboard managing the space but on other smaller HAL ships that also retained the dedicated library space, there was a very good selection of general reading material and plenty of serendipitous finds. Even reading dated books can be enjoyable re-reads as we bring a new perspective to what we may have read previously.

However, I too also bring a good supply of "audio books" on my iPod ,so I can lounge in a deck chair, people watch and happily "read" at the same time.

I believe the Noordam still has the larger dedicated library on the lower decks, and has not moved it up to the CrowsNest and basically done away with any general reading inventory as we are now finding on the other sister Vista ships.

There is no longer a librarian onboard managing the space but on other smaller HAL ships that also retained the dedicated library space, there was a very good selection of general reading material and plenty of serendipitous finds. Even reading dated books can be enjoyable re-reads as we bring a new perspective to what we may have read previously.

However, I too also bring a good supply of "audio books" on my iPod ,so I can lounge in a deck chair, people watch and happily "read" at the same time.

I so agree with this. I love revisiting old favorites especially those from my early adult years. It's very interesting what some time and experience brings to the enjoyment of a book.

Given that I have strong preferences in reading material, there's no way I'd depend on a ship library -- no matter how good -- for 38 days of reading material.

Bring an e-Reader loaded with things you like to read. Worst case scenario you'll have something to read after the cruise even if you don't need it during.