Changing Silversea mid trip Land Trips to pre or post cruise

As u know the Silversea model generally for providing land trips (e.g. Machu Picchu) is to offer a 3-4 day MP mid voyage land adventure during the voyage. For many of us, this is a turn off--any plans to follow the outstanding example you implemented during your tenure with Regent a pre cruise or post cruise land trips vs these (in our view) problematic/costly (paying double--your cruise per diem and land trip cost) mid cruise land trips?

As u know the Silversea model generally for providing land trips (e.g. Machu Picchu) is to offer a 3-4 day MP mid voyage land adventure during the voyage. For many of us, this is a turn off--any plans to follow the outstanding example you implemented during your tenure with Regent a pre cruise or post cruise land trips vs these (in our view) problematic/costly (paying double--your cruise per diem and land trip cost) mid cruise land trips?
Really good point Wes. I was none to happy to learn how expensive our 3-day mid-voyage land trip is this fall on the Muse. It seems if we're charged nearly a $2K per diem for the land portion, we should be rebated back the $1K per diem of the Cruise that we won't be on while enjoying the mid-voyage land adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But who could they sell your suite to ?

I'm probably being thick but I cannot see that they would make that much of a saving whether you are on or off the ship. A few drinks and a bit of food doesn't seem much of a saving. The suite and staff must still be maintained.

I suspect that if SS was to rebate the cruise diem they'd then probably face a loss and simply withdraw the offer of the mid-cruise land trip option. No?

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I suspect that if SS was to rebate the cruise diem they'd then probably face a loss and simply withdraw the offer of the mid-cruise land trip option. No?
Maybe you're right, but a rebate of a portion of the cruise per diem seems reasonable when one considers they make a profit on the cruise AND the land portion. When a 2-night mid-voyage costs more than one-third of the 17-day cruise fare, Wes's idea to structure a sailing itinerary to stop/start near the land voyage location so one could partake in it pre/post cruise, seems like a good idea to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hello WesW, Stumblefoot and UKCruiseJeff,

Thank you for your questions and comments. We are proud to provide options for our guests to decide when to go on their land trips for many of our voyages. As a rule, we carefully evaluate all itineraries to see what possibilities exist for Pre-, Post- and Mid- Voyage Land programs in order to offer the best options possible.

We strive to constantly provide premier land programs and include everything from transportation, meals and stays for multiple voyages. Our goal is to ensure our guests receive the highest value for their vacation.

There is exciting news coming soon in regards to enhancements of our land programs, stay tuned for more on this.

Kindest regards,

Mark