Is the 1-ply toilet paper fleetwide

That is sooo funny, as I mentioned the same thing to my DH, until he made me turn on my brain light bulb. Duh..... :rolleyes: ;)

We also use the thin 1 ply in our motorhome. It is the same thing with the ships. That is not the city sewer you are connected to in your cabin! Sewage has to be treated on board.

The paper breaks down more easily for processing. Much better than backed up toilets!! :eek:

The bathroom tissue has always been very thin/ 1 ply on EVERY cruise I have taken regardless of cruise line. They have to use a special paper for the system. It works out just fine for what it is needed for. And yes Kathy, I thought that we had covered just about everything on these boards.;)

That is sooo funny, as I mentioned the same thing to my DH, until he made me turn on my brain light bulb. Duh..... :rolleyes: ;)

We also use the thin 1 ply in our motorhome. It is the same thing with the ships. That is not the city sewer you are connected to in your cabin! Sewage has to be treated on board.

The paper breaks down more easily for processing. Much better than backed up toilets!! :eek:

With all due respects, both Elizanessie and I are experienced cruiseers and I don't believe it was the first time either of us had to use toilet paper on the cruises that we have been on.

Hey ... somebody's gotta pay for the Allure and Oasis, and what commodity is most used on cruise ships? You guessed it! It's just another one of those money-saving cutbacks ... the fact that you need to use three times as much has nothing to do with it. Believe me ... if they could take it away altogether (as in chocolates on your pillow) they would. I can just imagine the new thread ... Smuggling Charmin' On Board! Merry Christmas and smoooth sailing to all!

The bathroom tissue has always been very thin/ 1 ply on EVERY cruise I have taken regardless of cruise line. They have to use a special paper for the system. It works out just fine for what it is needed for. And yes Kathy, I thought that we had covered just about everything on these boards.;)

Hey Gordon

This was the first time I had ever seen 1-ply toilet paper on a ship...2 ply yes but 1-ply..no way.:eek:

Funny thing...they do have the thicker toilet paper in the Restrooms...so go figure :confused:

I have never been afraid to speak my mind on here with regards to how RCCL do things...host or not...I say what I think...CC and RCCL knows it :D

Example - When on Equinox Naming cruise..I was chatting with Richard Fain and he asked what I thought of the ship...so I told him..."I dont like it..it looks like an old folks home...I much prefer RCCL ships"...his jaw hit the floor and he then smiled and thanked me for my honest opinion. :D

When I was on the Solstice naming cruise,I thought it was beautiful......is the Equinox that much different?:confused:

Example - When on Equinox Naming cruise..I was chatting with Richard Fain and he asked what I thought of the ship...so I told him..."I dont like it..it looks like an old folks home...I much prefer RCCL ships"...his jaw hit the floor and he then smiled and thanked me for my honest opinion. :D

I

Wow, I hope your guests don't speak as freely to you when they come for dinner.

When I was on the Solstice naming cruise,I thought it was beautiful......is the Equinox that much different?:confused:

We simply didnt like it at all, we found it boring and dull.

It doesnt suit me or my family..different strokes for different folks.

Wow, I hope your guests don't speak as freely to you when they come for dinner.

You prefer people to sugar coat then? You prefer people to lie?

What good does that do?

It's not just what you say, its how you say it.

So back to the topic...1-ply toilet paper...are either of you happy to use this cheap nasty worthless paper?

So back to the topic...1-ply toilet paper...are either of you happy to use this cheap nasty worthless paper?

Truthfully,I didn't think twice about it..

You didnt answer my question.........is the Equinox different than the Solstice???

I have seen photos of these beautiful ships and they are on the short list to try very soon. If that's what an old folks home looks like, sign me up.:)

As far as the TP, not a big deal. I don't sit on the throne and ponder about how thick the TP is. Just double it up if the mess is that big!!!!!!:eek:

Ok .. you asked for this ..

If I have the choice between 1-ply or my hand .. I will use the 1-ply :D

BTW - if you fold the 1-ply .. it becomes 2-ply

It's the same ply on BOS. I understand the sewer point of view but when you use three times as much surely that technical issue goes down the pan! I'm sure previously it was not that thin.

Thats what I dont understand...didnt they realise that more would be needed/used so how can it work out for enviromental/technical reasons.:confused:

I think the CC message boards have finally hit rock bottom....

For once,I agree with you..:p

Well, I disagree.

There were a lot of people in the Concierge Lounge and Diamond lounge and in the MDR and the Bars discussing the 1-ply toilet paper on the Allure 12/1 & 12/5 sailings hence why I started a thread on the subject.

But if the thread offends you, please feel free to skip by it, I wont be offended. :D No worries.

OMG I TOTALLY AGREE!!! It was horrible, you would pull it and get one ply at a time. Interestingly enough the first day of the allure we had the opportunity to the guys who read all the comment cards for RCCL, they had told us they were waiting for the comment cards to start complaining about the 1 ply TP, apparently the staff arent too crazy about it either!

And personally liz has a point,.wait until you use it, and go to get some and only only ply comes off, so you pull another and only get one other ply until you get so aggravated you take the TP off the roller and start unrolling it yourself! Its annoying and really RCCL should be a little more considerate about such a subject!!

I can just imagine the new thread ... Smuggling Charmin' On Board!

I squash the roll flat and put it in a specially designed cover that makes it appear to be a book! Then I further disguise it by hiding it in between my Rumrunners. They haven't found it yet!

Oh, crap, I forgot that THEY read these threads - now they're on to me . . .

Well, I disagree.

There were a lot of people in the Concierge Lounge and Diamond lounge and in the MDR and the Bars discussing the 1-ply toilet paper on the Allure 12/1 & 12/5 sailings hence why I started a thread on the subject.

But if the thread offends you, please feel free to skip by it, I wont be offended. :D No worries.

Oh. No offense taken! ;)

I know I tend to be somewhat non-observant (e.g., I never would notice chipped paint on the balcony railings), but I've been on many cruises with several different lines and can honestly say that I've never noticed whether the toilet paper was one or two ply. Guess some things really bother some people.

I squash the roll flat and put it in a specially designed cover that makes it appear to be a book! Then I further disguise it by hiding it in between my Rumrunners. They haven't found it yet!

Oh, crap, I forgot that THEY read these threads - now they're on to me . . .

What you have to remember is that the flushing system on a ship is no where close to your flushing system at home. The stronger toilet paper might cause log jams in their systems!:p

Archived