Anthem 13210, 13160, or 11560

slyster

I started a couple of threads and just haven't gotten responses so I thought maybe putting the cabin numbers in the title would help.

We want a balcony cabin high up...port side is preferable, and more mid, between the forward/aft elevators. We usually get starboard side and we don't usually get to pull up starboard side in ports. Not many choices. I am okay being close to one of the elevators since there aren't many mid cabin choices. Some choices I pulled up are:

Deck 13: 13210 (more mid ship than the other cabins. I really like this location but worried its under the pool...the cruise is late September to New England/Canada so I'm thinking no one will be using the regular pool so maybe the chair scrapping or activities above would be really minimal)

Deck 13: 13160 its on a hump but near the forward elevator but isn't under a pool.

Deck 11: 11560 (starboard side, right next to elevators so this may be the most quiet cabin)

I have seen threads about an overhang on Deck 13. Not sure if it's distracting or not. Those two cabins are port side. I wondered if Cabin 13160 wasn't under an overhang since it's on a bump out area.

I added 11560 because it seemed being on the end of the bump out/hump might be a good place to be but I wasn't sure.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I stayed in cabin 13210 last November sailing from NJ to the Caribbean. It is directly under the pool deck and there was substantial noise in the wee morning hours, around 5am. It appears they move furniture around and power wash the pool deck. It was very annoying. I don't know how active the pool deck will be on your cruise but I would imagine they will keep up with the routine maintenance so this may be a consideration for you.

Hmmmm, ok. I'm glad I asked. You made a good point about routine cleaning each day probably continuing even though it will be cooler. I will probably go ahead and book 11560. Glad I checked. It's not ideal for us but there's plenty of time to keep an eye on it. Thanks :-)

Wow...I'm really glad I asked. I'll be avoiding deck 13 for sure! I checked in 11560 and the agent told me it was right outside the stairwell and elevators on that deck...soooo I ended up going with 10660...it was $40 for a little bit of a larger balcony. It's not where I really want to be but it seems this is a popular cruise. Thanks so much for your feedback!

• 1 year later...