Your favorite specialty dining experience on Pride of America?

sh1955

We only tried Cagneys and La Cucina, and we both equally enjoyed them. I would say that I preferred Cagneys to La Cucina but I didn't have a complaint about either one. We are pretty easy-going with food though, so others might have different opinions (for example, we've seen a lot of complaints about the food but aside from one bad experience at the buffet, we thought the food was great).

I had a gorgeous pasta dish at La Cucina and the surf & turf both times we went to Cagneys, and they were delicious. Enjoy!

If you were to skip one, I would skip Moderno's. The different meats were all overloaded with garlic. The restaurant wasn't busy either. The best part of Moderno's was the salad bar. The other specialty restaurants were fine and we enjoyed them.

Our party of 7 is sailing on the POA in January 2018.

We are doing the 3 meal dining package and want to know which restaurant you think is best and which one you would not do again.

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies! The 3 meal package is $69pp plus 18% gratuity. We got 4 included in the "Free at Sea" so I'm having to buy three more so we can all eat together. This will be the first cruise on NCL and the first cruise where we have purchased the specialty dining.

When we last cruised on the POA, they still had the UDP (Ultimate dining plan) which gave us specialty restaurants for all 7 nights, se we tried them all at least once.

Jefferson's Bistro was our favorite. La Cucina was our least favorite.

Not specialty dining but when we were on the PoA many years ago the Cadillac Diner did "Potato Skins' that were to die for; have never had any so good anywhere else on an NCL ship. If they still do them try them and I hope they are still really fabulous.

We had a very disappointing meal at Cagneys when we sailed POA. We loved all the rest, but enjoyed Moderno the most. We originally booked our next cruise on Princess but I convinced my fiancé to switch with two words. Grilled pineapple. The grilled pineapple alone will keep us going to Moderno on every cruise, and the salad bar has great selections.