Email through the wifi packages

ski_mom

We sail on the Splendor on July 22nd. I'm looking at the wifi packages that you can add ahead of time. It looks like we can get the Social package for $4.29/day, the Value for $10.25 or the premium for $17.00.

I have 2 questions - are these the same prices that we pay if we get it on board? I'm pretty sure we'll go ahead and decide what we want to do for everyone ahead of time because it's just easier to have stuff like that taken care of, but just wondered.

Also, I'm assuming that the social package doesn't help with email. I'm sure our kids will want the social media package, but my husband and I need to be able to keep up with emails at least a little. Hopefully for just a short time every evening, but we work for a relatively small company, so have to stay in touch at least a little unfortunately.

Anyway, I'm thinking that we will need to get the value package to be able to do that, but wasn't 100% sure if that's right or not.

Thank you, so it sounds like my husband and I will have to get the value plan for emails. If we are going to get it for the entire week, is there a reason to wait until we check in to get it? Are you saying we could avoid paying for the first day if we waited until the next morning to get it?

I was wondering the same. Which internet option will work for emails, snap chat, etc?

The Social Wifi plan will do just social networking sites such as face book, snap chat etc. I just purchased this and it was $30 for the 7 nights.

The Value plan would be what is necessary to get your emails. This plan is $71.75 for 7 nights.

Thank you, so it sounds like my husband and I will have to get the value plan for emails. If we are going to get it for the entire week, is there a reason to wait until we check in to get it? Are you saying we could avoid paying for the first day if we waited until the next morning to get it?

The full cruise price is about the same as the available prepaid price, so there wouldn't be any difference between purchasing now and then. The price for the full cruise doesn't change as days go by, so you might as well buy it on the first day if that's how you want to do it.

We just got off the Splendor yesterday. If you click through on the option to pre-purchase the internet plans, I think you will get an error message and can't pre-purchase. Splendor is not one of the ships that is offering pre-purchase on the internet plans.

We paid $35 for the social plan and $136 for the premium internet plan for our 8 day cruise.

The internet service on Splendor is a joke, think 90s dial up service, and prepare to be frustrated if you need to depend on it for work.

Husband had the premium service since he was on call. There was some work he could not do because of the slow internet. He was able to answer his emails, but it was frustratingly slow. Not sure how the value plan will handle emails. No email with the social plan. We texted using facebook messenger with the social plan, but were never able to post pictures to facebook. (kinda defeats the idea of social media, right?) Had to 'borrow' husband's plan to do so. (You can log out of one device and into another with any of the plans.)

Other than the internet service, we really enjoyed the Splendor and had a fabulous cruise. Enjoy your cruise!

I usually get the Social plan, but on Vista I got the Value so I could post here and check emails. I hate coming back to hundreds of emails and having to clear them out. Never an issue connecting and the speed was great. My nieces got the Social for Snapchat and it worked fine.

I am thinking about buying the social media plan so I can keep in contact with my house/pet sitter while I am away. If I purchase the social media plan for the whole cruise, am I able to upgrade to the value plan at any time if I decide I need it instead? Will I just be charged the difference?

As Jabl said, the internet on the Splendor is a joke.

We have been on that ship 3 times (going again in September) and the internet really sucks and we get the top package. It's intermittent at best.

Happy Sailing.