Just back: Harvest Caye Pool Cabana Info

AliceIn

We booked a pool cabana on Harvest Caye online before the cruise, and we were so glad we did. The Escape was fully booked for the 8/5 Western cruise. Many people in the Haven were on the waitlist for the cabanas, as all of them were booked. Many people were wandering around looking for seats. All of the shaded areas were grabbed early. It was super hot and sunny there this past Tuesday.

The cabana came with two loungers, a long couch, and a regular chair. They allow more than 4 in the cabana, at least for families with kids.

We had a server to bring us drinks and lunch. There is also a table for 8 for dining that is covered by an umbrella. Two cabanas share the table. Cabanas 1 and 2 are in a great location, close to the pool, beach, and restrooms. They are all clean and beautiful.

I was greatful that we had ths shady, private space. It was a lovely day. The only downside is that people without cabana wristbands kept trying to take the tables and chairs. The cabana attendants had to keep asking people to leave the area.

If you are planning a cruise on one od the megaships, you might want to consider the cabana if anyone in your party needs shade. It is nice to have had that homebase for the day.

Thanks so much AliceIn. We've been able to see and read quite about about the villas but there hasn't been much about the pool cabanas. Very useful information!

They're currently going for $249 on our cruise in November on the Pearl. I was hoping to maybe snag one onboard to get our 10% silver latitude discount, but it sounds like we should strongly consider paying up front.

Thanks so much AliceIn. We've been able to see and read quite about about the villas but there hasn't been much about the pool cabanas. Very useful information!

They're currently going for $249 on our cruise in November on the Pearl. I was hoping to maybe snag one onboard to get our 10% silver latitude discount, but it sounds like we should strongly consider paying up front.

Maybe if I wait until just before my cruise in January, the price will drop, as I said, it is $399 right now.

I was in the same cruise but not in a pool cabana. I walked onto the island at 8:30 and there were plenty of chairs but by 9:30 it was packed. I had chairs close to the beach and pool bar and it became the dumping area for everyone to put their shoes and stuff while they went in the pool. The pool was so crowded you couldn't move in it by noon. I went with a totally open mind about this island (how bad could it be??) and next time, we all said we would stay on the ship. It sounds like a pool cabana was the way to go but if you don't get one, go early!! The facilities - bathrooms, restaurant, stores-were beautiful though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have one for the Escape for next week and I paid $299. But I am Platinum Plus so I will get back $44.85 as OBC cause its 15% off as one of my perks.

Another question is, is it first come first served or do they give you any one you request? :cool:

I have one for the Escape for next week and I paid $299. But I am Platinum Plus so I will get back $44.85 as OBC cause its 15% off as one of my perks.

Another question is, is it first come first served or do they give you any one you request? :cool:

First come, first pick.

Online as a shore excursion. They didnt show up until about 95 or so days out.

I am 147 days from my cruise, and they've been on my list of excursion offerings for awhile. Perhaps all the excursions show up once a cruise is paid in full. Not sure, but after I paid for mine in full, I began to see more and more excursions loaded daily.

The beach villa in November for our Getaway cruise is $700 and the pool cabana is $400. Both have been available for months. Too rich for me for a little shade.

Exactly! There's no way in hell I would pay that! I'll find the hubby an umbrella! One poster said they paid $250. That would be doable if other members of our party chipped in and split it to take turns in the shade. But $700 and $400?? No way!

The beach villa in November for our Getaway cruise is $700 and the pool cabana is $400. Both have been available for months. Too rich for me for a little shade.

I was there in January, and was so excited to go again in October, and later in the day, we walked right up and got seats with a cover over them. NOT ones that you pay for, but free to everyone. It was close to the beach as well. Wonder if this has changed since January. I did say the paid ones, but these were out with others, entire rows of them, for free. We could not get chairs by the pool, but I was fine just putting our stuff on a table as we swam. I am not big on grabbing a chair/lounger if I don't plan to sit/lounge. I LOVED Harvest Caye, and can't wait to go back for my beach/lounge/drink day. And don't let the "long walk" fool you. It wasn't bad at all, and I am NOT active or in shape at all. We even walked back to have lunch on the ship and returned to the island. I would definitely not be paying that kind of money for shade, and I am pale, pale, PALE! I am the girl in the long-sleeved shirt on the beach, ha!

Wow! As high as those prices are, they are still much more reasonable than the cabanas on GSC. For my cruise in October, the SMALL cabana, which is not nearly as nice as the cabanas on Harvest Cay, is 549, and 599 for a large cabana. We are less than 60 days out and when priced more realistically, the cabanas would have been sold out way before now. Now, they are both still available. I have gotten the cabanas several times before, but cannot imagine paying 600 for 6 or 7 hours. It does include a 50.00 food credit, but are they kidding????

I was there in January, and was so excited to go again in October, and later in the day, we walked right up and got seats with a cover over them. NOT ones that you pay for, but free to everyone. It was close to the beach as well. Wonder if this has changed since January. I did say the paid ones, but these were out with others, entire rows of them, for free. We could not get chairs by the pool, but I was fine just putting our stuff on a table as we swam. I am not big on grabbing a chair/lounger if I don't plan to sit/lounge. I LOVED Harvest Caye, and can't wait to go back for my beach/lounge/drink day. And don't let the "long walk" fool you. It wasn't bad at all, and I am NOT active or in shape at all. We even walked back to have lunch on the ship and returned to the island. I would definitely not be paying that kind of money for shade, and I am pale, pale, PALE! I am the girl in the long-sleeved shirt on the beach, ha!

👍 If there was a LIKE button for your comment, I would use it! 😎

What ship were you on? I think perhaps in January the crowds are much lighter? My cruise last week was on the Escape, and Harvest Caye was incredibly crowded. No free loungers or chairs in site, and the pool was pretty much so full with people that you couldn't really swim - just stand and get cool in the water. There were people who could not find any seating - not just shady areas.

What ship were you on? I think perhaps in January the crowds are much lighter? My cruise last week was on the Escape, and Harvest Caye was incredibly crowded. No free loungers or chairs in site, and the pool was pretty much so full with people that you couldn't really swim - just stand and get cool in the water. There were people who could not find any seating - not just shady areas.
Frankly, I find the lack of chairs and umbrella's unacceptable even though if I wanna get off the ship and go there I will have to accept it. It stinks! Our 14-day cruise is costing us enough....no way am I spending several hundred dollars just to have some shade when it should be a courtesy for them to supply it. Even just renting umbrellas would be a solution.