Westpac CC with QBE Travel Insurance have now changed to Allianz as of 1 Oct 2017

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:38 AM.
Batehaven, Australia
11,480 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by wombat13
Agree. I have applied this morning for a ANZ CC Platinum wish me luck. They say it takes 4 days to review.
That's what I use for travel, made 2 claims, no problems. Get the policy book from the bank and read it closely though. My latest book indicates policy is still with QBE.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 480 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
Sydney, Australia
6,271 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by NSWP
My latest book indicates policy is still with QBE.
and long may that continue - if they move to Allianz that will be the end of that in terms of Pre Existing Conditions (PEC) cover for some

Seems Allianz must have given Westpac a "deal" to win the business - I guess Westpac have factored in losing some customers along the way with the new underwriters position on PEC's (or not as the case may be) - the reality is that the majority of the customers and cover won't be impacted as they wont have PEC's to deal with

Good luck with the card application Wombat13
Sydney
114 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
One thing to also consider is that with ANZ CC now Visa only (companion Amex stopped a few months back), id paying RCI which charges in AUD $ but processing done in Miami USA, there is a foreign currency charge!!!
I was bitten by it!!!
Might have to charge the minimum to activate the insurance on ANZ CC in the future.

Westpac Amex Platinum - no foreign currency surcharge when paying RCI in AUD $

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Blue Mountains
767 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
I had a look at BankWest Platinum Mastercard which a lot of people recommend due to not having any international transaction fees but it is underwritten by Allianz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QE - Syd-Kobe Feb 2017

Sea Princess Bris-Syd Jan 2017
Pacific Eden - Papua & New Guinea and Solomon Islands Oct 2016
Celebrity Solstice - Ultimate Alaska Sept 2015
Voyager of the Seas - Sydney to NZ Feb 2015
Carnival Spirit - South Pacific and Fiji - Nov 2014
Radiance of the Seas - Honolulu to Sydney - Sept 2012
Rhapsody of the Seas -South Pacific - Nov 2011
Coffs Harbour, NSW,Australia
625 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
I did email QBE direct to find out what CC they were associated with and the reply from them was ANZ & NAB

888sydney to activate my St George Ins I paid the minimum and the rest with 28 degree card all in $US. Purchased X cruise with US agent
625 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Just got a SMS from ANZ the CC has been approved whoo hoo!! Welcome kit & pin to arrive in 3-5 days. That was quicker than they told me. Very happy. Now hopefully it will give me time to request PE and purchase a tour to activate cover for us. All being well.......stay tuned
Sydney, Australia
6,271 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Great news - glad we could help with an alternate option for you
Get in quick and apply for the Pre existing conditions cover before you buy the tour - just to be on the safe side
625 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by Bodogbodog
Great news - glad we could help with an alternate option for you
Get in quick and apply for the Pre existing conditions cover before you buy the tour - just to be on the safe side
Yes I plan to do that. If declined then I will just buy a Insure & Go policy for DH for this trip and worry about what to do going forward for the next trips.
Thanks everyone
Blue Mountains
767 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Just got a SMS from ANZ the CC has been approved whoo hoo!! Welcome kit & pin to arrive in 3-5 days. That was quicker than they told me. Very happy. Now hopefully it will give me time to request PE and purchase a tour to activate cover for us. All being well.......stay tuned

Fantastic news. Were you able to get a copy of the PDS?
The branch could only give me a copy of the paid ANZ travel insurance insurance book. I’m not sure if it is the same.
Edit
The bank ended up emailing me a copy but I’d prefer a hard copy. 84 pages is a bit too much to print.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QE - Syd-Kobe Feb 2017

Sea Princess Bris-Syd Jan 2017
Pacific Eden - Papua & New Guinea and Solomon Islands Oct 2016
Celebrity Solstice - Ultimate Alaska Sept 2015
Voyager of the Seas - Sydney to NZ Feb 2015
Carnival Spirit - South Pacific and Fiji - Nov 2014
Radiance of the Seas - Honolulu to Sydney - Sept 2012
Rhapsody of the Seas -South Pacific - Nov 2011
Canberra Australia
43,310 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Good job.
625 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by cruisine21
Fantastic news. Were you able to get a copy of the PDS?
The branch could only give me a copy of the paid ANZ travel insurance insurance book. I’m not sure if it is the same.
Edit
The bank ended up emailing me a copy but I’d prefer a hard copy. 84 pages is a bit too much to print.

Thanks, No only a electronic copy. Not sure the branch has one but will go back and check.
Sydney, Australia
6,271 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Thanks, No only a electronic copy. Not sure the branch has one but will go back and check.
I'm pretty sure they include a printed brochure with the Insurances PDS in the welcome pack (not 100% sure though)
Queensland, Australia
190 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
We have had the same problem with Westpac’s new underwriter. What stinks is I then rang Allianz and they will cover my husbands pre existing but we have to pay full price.
We’re also going to look at alternatives.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
625 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by DianeandMark
We have had the same problem with Westpac’s new underwriter. What stinks is I then rang Allianz and they will cover my husbands pre existing but we have to pay full price.
We’re also going to look at alternatives.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
ANZ & NAB are still using QBE as their underwriters. Looks like Westpac may be losing some customers. Lets hope no changes to ANZ & NAB.
Canberra Australia
43,310 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
ANZ & NAB are still using QBE as their underwriters. Looks like Westpac may be losing some customers. Lets hope no changes to ANZ & NAB.
I hope they don't change like Westpac did, but if there is a profit in it you know they will.
Sydney, Australia
6,271 Posts
Joined Dec 2012
Originally posted by MicCanberra
I hope they don't change like Westpac did, but if there is a profit in it you know they will.
Yes, possibly but I hope not - sadly us "od crocs" with pre existing conditions aren't going to be a major group of customers for them to worry about keeping happy

It is interesting how Allianz seems to be pushing those who apply for pre existing condition cover to their full policies - no doubt with premiums loaded up to cover the additional risk of pre existing conditions